Korat-Farang.com

Right to Bare Arms

Guest · 124 · 7126

Toddy

More shootings at Virginia Tech, USA. When will USA discover that the constitutional right to bare arms results in more death than would otherwise be? It's not the Wild West anymore, is it?

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
John R. Lott Jr. is a FOXNews.com contributor  :D

I'm sorry, Thairanger, but whatever the rights or wrongs of gun ownership, surely you could have found a more creidibe article than one written by a  FOXNews.com contributor.  ::)

Offline Ken

I'm sorry, Thairanger, but whatever the rights or wrongs of gun ownership, surely you could have found a more creidibe article than one written by a  FOXNews.com contributor.  ::)

I'll bet Thairanger doesn't give a crap about your feelings for FOXNEWS or any contributor to it.  And I don't either. :P

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
So snide remarks by you against myself and Toddy are OK in your book but my questioning the credentials of Lott because he is a FoxNews contributor is not. Is that what you are saying?  :D

That sounds like the fair and balanced reporting from Fox News that gives it so little credibility, and which in my view makes it a laughing stock - except perhaps within the Right wing gun toting US of A.  :o :D

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

I'll bet Thairanger doesn't give a crap about your feelings for FOXNEWS or any contributor to it.  And I don't either. :P

And I don't care that you don't "give a crap" about my feelings for FOXNEWS or any contributor to it. Why would I?  ::)  :D

lozz

guns don't kill people. People kill people.  8)

Offline Ken

And I don't care that you don't "give a crap" about my feelings for FOXNEWS or any contributor to it. Why would I?  ::)  :D

And I don't care that you don't care.  So there. :P ;D

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

And I don't care that you don't care.  So there. :P ;D

:D

OK.

Offline Ken

guns don't kill people. People kill people.  8)

On this we can agree, or at least I can. ;D

Offline donkising

guns don't kill people. People kill people.  8)

On this we can agree, or at least I can. ;D

thai ranger a lop sided product of the propaganda by the US media..
only the propaganda by the maoist can do better

so why do we care about the US ?....yeah we dont give a chicken shit  ;D
but its not for you to be asking  :o

only a fluke can produce a black president.....
ooops perhaps the white candidate a chicken shit [removed by Admin]  ???
so you can wait long long for his re-erection  ;D :D

long live the iron lady of britian
long live the new iron lady of germany  :-*
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:54:09 PM by Administrator »

Offline Bear

Right on Thairanger, sounds like a lot of people have a problem with everybody's business, I have a CWP in Nevada for the past 10 years and have never had or saw any problems with the law, most of people who commit these crimes do not have a legal right to have a gun, anyone, anywhere can get a gun!!! Even Thailand allows citizens to own a GUN.  A lot people have a problem US can't understand why, most have never been there, or never lived there. Bear
If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change.

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
The USA is not Europe we do not want to be like Europe.

Perhaps. But you would love Europe, and the rest of the world while at it, to be like the USA   >:(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:42:36 AM by Anton »
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
...Our forefathers left there to start a new life where they could be free to work and yes bear arms to protect themselves from tyranny and those who wish us harm on the battlefield or the in the home. The reason for the 2nd amendment was for the specific task of preventing a home grown King George from trying to lead them back towards what they escaped from in Europe

LOL  :D  :D  :D

That was how many years ago? How developed were firearms back then, compared to now? How was the international order back then, compared to today? How strong is the possibility of a "home grown King George" to claim monarchy or even constitutional monarchy now in the USA?

Do you really feel that you're free from "tyranny" in the USA? Well I guess it depends on what you mean by "tyranny"...  Just because you're not subjects to a king, it doesn't mean that you are free from tyranny. Russians were not subjects to any king under the Soviets. There are so many ways to impose tyranny on the people, and big American corporations (including the arms industry) are real experts in it. Oh sure, you're really free in the USA  ::)

vinnie

I have a 'right to bare arms' every time I wear a t-shirt.  ;)

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I could come up with dozens if not hundreds or thousands of anecdotal examples of where guns and armed citizens have saved lives.

Sure. With or without John Wayne?  ::)

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
More shootings at Virginia Tech, USA. When will USA discover that the constitutional right to bare arms results in more death than would otherwise be? It's not the Wild West anymore, is it?

Toddy, they'll never "discover" it as long as arms industry's lobbies control the Congress  >:(  Americans are not as free as they believe, you know...  :(

AndersJensenThailand

The world have changes to the worse.

When i was i kid i always bring my knife to school, because in the breaks the boys went out to cut wood, like all boys love to do between the age of 8 and 15 at that time.

Yes knife and guns does not kill people, people kill people, same cars does not kill people, but crazy drivers kill people !!!

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
guns don't kill people. People kill people.  8)

You seem like a really nice guy, Lozz, but sometimes the superficiality and naivety of your comments are just dismaying  :-\

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
What I find amusing is the attitude of some of the members (US pro-gun) who don't want others to even discuss the issue.  ::)

Thairanger: just let it drop since you do not live in the US and no one cares if you visit the USA

Bear: Right on Thairanger, sounds like a lot of people have a problem with everybody's business

I am glad neither of you two guys are President of the USA and leader of the 'FREE' world!  :D (but no freedom to discuss gun laws).

If we use the same kind of argument, then surely all American troops should leave Afghanistan ASAP. It's not the USA and it's not the business of the USA! Let the Afghans get on with it themselves - I'm sure you would agree.  ;D

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard