Korat-Farang.com

Six nations rugby 2013

Alfie · 49 · 2166

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The six nations rugby starts today with Wales v Ireland and England v Scotland

What are your predictions?

Here are mine:

Two exciting games with wins for Ireland and England. England will send the Scots homeward - to think again.  ;)

Wales 15 - 17 Ireland
England 21 - 15 Scotland

Offline sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Alfie, I picked up your post just before kick off of the Wales v Ireland game and was going to post a prediction. However I could not predict either match at that point, but I did think that Wales would just scrape through in a low scoring game.................how wrong could I be.

I thought that England would beat Scotland but again did not think it would be a high scoring game, good job I am not a betting man.

Based on my being unable to make any predictions today and being totally wrong about the high scores I think I will just enjoy the rest of the six nations and live on hope that my team Wales will not come out of the series too badly.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Hi sfs
Wales left too much to do at half time. Their passing could have been a lot better. Ireland's passing and positioning was far superior. I'm sure Wales will do better next time.

Today's prediction: An easy win for France.

Italy 6 - 39 France

Offline sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Wow Alfie what an upset for France and what a cliff hanger at the end. Now we should start predictions for the Six Nations winner as one of the favourites has lost their opening match. After Ireland's performance yesterday I would put them out as favourites.

Next weekend is going to be a great time with Ireland v England and France v Wales and Scotland v Italy, your predicitons sir!
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Offline KiwiCanadian

Rugby the only football game, where you need leather balls to play!!!

My predictions

England over Ireland
Wales over France
Italy over Scotland

Sorry not going to give points as I have not been watching these guys that much.

KC
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I predict the same as you, KC: wins for England over Ireland, Wales over France and Italy over Scotland.

I think they will all be close games. I also predict Scotland to end up at the foot of the table, with Italy above them.

My prediction for final positions:

England
Ireland
France
Wales
Italy
Scotland

johnandjip

Ireland may have shown their Ace too soon but it's going to be tough for England in Ireland. Nice for the Irish if they can snatch victory but it will be hard earnt.

Ireland 26 V 24 England

France will be a different team against the Welsh and they don't often lose back to back. I still think it would be an upset for the Welsh to win at Stade de France and plump for Les Blues.

France 36 V 20 Wales

If Scotland can get the upper hand early against Italy? Nope can't see it, not even at Murrayfield and have to agree they are still not good enough to climb above the wooden spoon. Italy it is.

Scotland 18 V 26 Italy

I want England and France to win though........

Offline sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
As a Welshman born from Irish stock I obviously would like to see Wales win against France and Ireland win against England and I do believe that Italy will win over Scotland.

After saying that my predictions for this weekend are: Ireland, France and Italy to win.

Offline angsta

• Forum Sage
Ireland, France & Scotland to win.
Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
predicting without nominal bets are no fun .........................

no need to bet with cash; bet with beers

johnandjip

Have you never heard of a sportsman's bet Sulasno?

No money, no beers, only honour need be involved.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
what's a bet for a beer among friends ?

oooops I forget; we are all strangers lol

besides no actual transaction of beers; just an I Owe You Beer note will do

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Come on Italy!!

Brothers of Italy,
Italy has woken,
Bound Scipio's helmet
Upon her head.
Where is Victory?
Let her bow down,
For God created her
Slave of Rome.

Fratelli d'Italia,
l'Italia s'è desta,
dell'elmo di Scipio
s'è cinta la testa.
Dov'è la Vittoria?
Le porga la chioma,
ché schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò.

johnandjip

...and as the words of Goffredo Mameli begin to fade....Scotland open up the scoring....:)

Offline sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Well that's the first of my predicitions for this weekends rugby that I have got wrong. What a tremendous performance from Scotland and what a turnaround from last week for them. That really opens up the six nations if they can continue to play like this. A good performance by Italy too, but they just could not get going.

Fingers and everything else crossed now for Wales.

mr hippo

The Victorians gave us many things but these were later replaced by better ones but others try to keep the old style alive, by the way, you can now retire Somchai now; he does not have to walk in front of your horseless carriage carrying a red flag but if you want to keep him then buy him one of these new fangled bicycles.
Webb Ellis devised the game for 13 a side but the Hooray Henrys decided to bring in two more players who were man servants who were there to serve the players evey need. There was uproar at the AGM in 1863 when a rule was changed. They stopped the 'third man in' rule and you had the more sporty two man tackle; one man securing arms and ball with the second grabbing the legs. Previously if a player raised a fist, play was halted and the man holding the ball would be replaced by a man servant and it would be him who received a punch in the kidneys by the third man!
So drop two players and enjoy a better game. Some people spread a rumour that you had to wear a flat cap and keep either keep pigeons or whippets; you had to subscribe to Ferret Breeders Weekly was also a myth!

johnandjip

^ Rugby was 15-a-side from 1877 onwards. The Northerners split off in 1895 and the R-L teams were reduced to 13-a-side in 1906.

All over workers getting sixpence for taking time off work to play....

Nice win by Scotland...glad I got that prediction wrong....

Offline sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Well done Wales but bloody hell you made hard work of it.

johnandjip

That's 2 from 2 that I managed to get wrong....:)

Well played Wales and especially getting through the first half unscathed....

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Well done Wales and Scotland yesterday. A poor display from Italy and a really bad day at the office for Orquera!

Wow Alfie what an upset for France and what a cliff hanger at the end. Now we should start predictions for the Six Nations winner as one of the favourites has lost their opening match. After Ireland's performance yesterday I would put them out as favourites.

Next weekend is going to be a great time with Ireland v England and France v Wales and Scotland v Italy, your predicitons sir!

Yes, an upset for France last week. What's wrong with them? Well done to Wales.

The Ireland - England game today should be a really tough and exciting game. Blood, sweat and lots of passion.