Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 2019 · 78331

Roger, Thaiwolf, Dylan_Leo and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT Nong Bua Pitchaya 2 NRMFC 0

The Swatcats lost their first match against newly promoted Isaan neighbours Nong Bua Pitchaya. Two first half goals from striker Hamilton sealed the three points for the home team.

A very disappointing start to the new campaign. The defence looked leaky and they produced one shot on goal all match. Early doors of course but the team looked really below par.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 09:29:33 PM by Thaiwolf »

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT Chiang Rai United 3 NRMFC 2

The Swatcats led twice through first half goals from Bueraheng and Sahanek but were under almost constant pressure for most of the game. A last second penalty gave the hosts all three points.
A decent performance tonight and they were perhaps unlucky not to get a point.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT NRMFC 1 Police Tero 0

The Swatcats edged Tero to open their account. A superb 25 yard strike from Pralong Sawandee won the points for the home side. Nothing spectacular tonight but the team defended well and they knocked the ball around impressively at times.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT Chiangmai United 1 NRMFC 1
Swatcats battle to secure first away point. Another decent performance with a dominant second half display. Perhaps a little unlucky not to gain all three points.

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks TW - hope all is OK with you.

I'm sure I'm not the only one missing the full updates and the full match reports. But anyway, thanks for this . . . . .

At least the Swatcats seem to have stabilised - let's hope for a good and a full season this time   :P

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
Hi Roger and everyone. Apologies for the downgrade in coverage. Lack of comprehensive TV coverage and of course the inability to attend matches has meant it has become difficult to produce full blown match reports.

I will however try to keep you all abreast of performances and news in the coming months.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT NRMFC 2 Suphanburi 1

The Swatcats come from behind to sink Suphanburi

A second half Sahanek penalty and Kwame Karikari's maiden goal earn the Swatcats three points after going one down in the first half.

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks TW. I see the Swatcats are up to 8th, which seems familiar  ;) 
They have improved, no doubt of that, but have to start competing with the best teams to get closer to the top. Never mind - perhaps we will be able to get to a game before the season is finished   ::)  ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT Konkaen 1 NRMFC 1

After a disappointing first half, the Swatcats stormed back with Kwame Karikari scoring a late equaliser.

This is the fifth point gained from a losing position so far this season.

The defence was again very brittle and although results so far have been encouraging, this could become a tough season for the team.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
Usual suspects captured by Thai press last night at Konkaen

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT NRMFC 0 Bangkok United 2

Swatcats were superb tonight and perhaps were a tad unlucky not to get something from the match. Can't ask for more from the team.

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
TW thanks for the pic of the usual subjects at KK. That's our erstwhile poster 'Bournemouth' if I am not mistaken. Where's your mask M8 ?    ;)

Let's hope the Swatcats can convert this solid form into results and climb the table. ATB

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
FT Buriram United 2 NRMFC 0

Another sound performance from the Swatcats but Buriram were just too damn strong!!

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks TW - you seem quite supportive and not showing relegation concerns although the Swatcats are just the 1 point above the 'zone' now. No points yet won against the stronger sides and we lost to a team below us.

Things can only get better - hopefully  ::)

I wonder if the crowds have returned ?

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard

Hi Roger, no great surprise losing to Bangkok and Buriram. We are playing a good passing game but good teams will expose our brittle defence. Still cautiously optimistic and I suspect a mid table finish will be our final destination.

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Yes it is TW. After we 'attended' the game on the wrong day a few years ago  ::)  we toured the Stadium on the Sunday - I just managed to 'run' from the dressing rooms onto the pitch   ::)   The stadium is all steel with the floors in tread plate which gives rise to the 'thunder' valley moniker. I had a little stamp myself and can imagine that, with 10,000 doses of that from an adoring crowd, the place is aptly named ! Very impressive.

Who's that lout spoiling the pic   ;)

In a glorious 'Indian autumn' over here, (just now ended today by the look of things), last Sat, I rode the 'Camel trail' with my 5 year old Grandson doing an 'ungeared' 10 miles and capped by a glorious 'Rick Stein pasty' in Padstow for me. The 2 year old had his sausage roll stolen by a seagull before he could sniff it!

Sunday we all did a Polruan walk to beautiful and remote Lantic Bay and back - it was warm enough to swim, (except for the water) - some fierce gradients   ::)  Amazing cliff top scenery and truly 'God's country'. Another amazing walk if one plods on to Polperro, another 5 miles onwards   ::)

ATB

Online Alfie

• Forum Guru
I visited Buriram stadium a couple of years ago and I was surprised that I could wander round almost anywhere, including going into the dressing rooms. I thought the pitch looked great....until I got close up and from there the turf looked quite poor quality.; too much soil and not enough grass. Do other football grounds in Thailand have better turf?