Korat-Farang.com

HM Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee

Hector · 3 · 593

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
On 6th February this year Her Majesty The Queen became the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years on the throne and only the fourth monarch in history to have reigned for over 70 years, one of whom was, of course, the late King Bhumiphol the Great of Thailand.  Among the various events staged throughout the year to celebrate this unprecedented anniversary there will be a four day UK bank holiday weekend from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th June. 
As a British expat who has lived here for over 25 years, I wish Her Majesty well, continuing good health and  a peaceful resolution to family problems, although the last is, I regret to say, unlikely.
I hope those Kfers currently in the UK will enjoy the long week-end and be able to return before long free of any Thailand Pass!

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Hi Hector. I won't be watching the BS of the Jubilee - to me it seems too much for our now frail Queen and IMO a widespread set of Church Services would have been a better idea and more dignified than the antics of these crumby pop stars   ::)

I think we all love our Queen. Just a shame that Andrew, Harry and Megan have to figure in the public appearances AT ALL   ::)

Teess is back now and hope he remembers his EPL through the jetlag. I see talk today of the 'Pass' being dropped for Thai people - Falang next hopefully.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard

As a British expat who has lived here for over 25 years, I wish Her Majesty well, continuing good health and  a peaceful resolution to family problems, although the last is, I regret to say, unlikely.

I share your sentiments Hector, well said.