Korat-Farang.com

Falangs getting vaccinated in Thailand ?

Roger · 27 · 31545

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
That's interesting Robert.

Just for interest, Ed has a very extensive history at BKKH but they referred him to that website   ::)
His wife who made his call to BKKH is a professional admin/management type so I'm sure she did a good job.

Maybe BKKH are still getting their act together and not everyone is on the same message yet  ?

If I was in Korat - I'd try both routes.

Good luck then.

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline ridge runner

It said I am registered took a screenshot of the approval it has a phone number and said would be able to check for updates. But when I tried to log in to check status says not registered. That is why I will have son or daughter in law to call the number and see if they say I am registered. Just for info I am in korat proper but in the country I have been to local government hospital, to a private hospitals (where I get my annual physical) and to a local clinic none of them are registering farangs only Thais, the clinic is the only one even indicating that I might be able to get vaccine (the guy running the clinic is a surgeon and wife a nurse) doctor at clinic said he is part of a medical group trying to get vaccine. I am 70, in good health but I babysit grandkids and they are supposed to return to school soon and never know they bring home.

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
RR and Eagle - did you get in then ? ATB

I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to wait to see other people's experiences.
Time is nature's way to keep everything from happening all at once.

Offline ridge runner

Ok from what I've learned today, this is a referral site. Basically they sent your info to the hospital that you chose even though you meet the criteria i.e. over 60 it is up to the hospital that you selected to put you on their list. I chose the main government hospital in Bua Yai (not the closest but thought might be better than small one). Per this hospital they are only giving to Thai people, they did admit that one farang had got the Sino shot he has a Thai yellow book and got registered before they stopped letting farang register. We were given a phone number to supposedly Bangkok hospital to register (3000 baht) have not called yet . But I didn't think Bangkok hospital was registering farangs. Probably too much information.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
The plan to vaccinate Falang is a 'Work in Progress' around Thailand.

::)   ::)  Hot press  ;)   ;)  on 'The Thaiger' today , a link to that first website - showing only BKK (no Chonburi) so was that even 'up to date' ? (with 5 days ago). I've noticed that KK and CM have websites.

Korat's website up and not quite running ?

Chantaburi too small and no website needed.

And, vaccines are in short supply anyway as supplies go to tackle hotspots.

MMmmmmm

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
It's a 'Work in Progress' as we thought ! Here's the 'Thaiger' words, the official notice is in the link . . . 

"The latest update on Thailand’s Covid-19 vaccine registration plans indicates that all foreigners can sign up online from June 14. The Thailand Intervac website seems to be constantly evolving and was first opened for diplomats on a specific URL and then for general foreigner signups on the main site, though hiccups and problems are often reported.

The main site was quickly revised to be for expats over 60 years old, or those with one of 7 underlying health conditions designated as high-risk for Covid-19. But now a new page has been added for all foreigners to sign up.

Starting June 14, foreigners can go to ThailandIntervac.com/expatriates and register for a vaccine appointment. The registration on the main site is from noon to 3 pm, but this page is from 2 pm to 6 pm.

The website advises people can register there for the Sinovac or AstraZeneca vaccine and suggests those who sign up can reconfirm their appointment at the hospital they registered with. No walk-in registration will be accepted at vaccination sites. Foreigners are also instructed to register 2 weeks in advance of their desired date for getting vaccinated.

Though the site is intended to be national, the hospitals listed so far have been almost all in Bangkok, with an occasional appearance for a facility in the Pattaya area. The website should be launching a list of hospitals around the nation soon. The government had advised every province to create their own platform and system for registering vaccine appointments. Several, especially provinces with large expat populations, are expected to create their own vaccine registration system for foreigners as well
."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/site-launched-for-june-14-vaccine-signup-for-all-foreigners?utm_source=Thaiger+Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-06-12

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
This gets worse ! A message from Richard Barrow . . .

"URGENT WARNING: If you are using the http://thailandintervac.com website to register for a vaccine appointment, please be aware ALL of your personal details are freely available. In the sample below, if I click on “edit” I can see all of their registration information #Thailand"

then " The website being taken offline is the latest in series of embarrassing issues related to foreigners in Thailand being able to register for vaccinations""

and "Today (June 14) was meant to be when the online registration portal was available to all foreigners in Thailand, however, the website has recently been updated to say that registrations are not currently available."

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220466-it-gets-worse-thailand-intervac-website-taken-offline-after-data-leak/