Covid-19

Tiggs · 1787 · 125809

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Covid Cases 09/29. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/

From Asean Now:
Health Ministry to Stop Reporting Daily COVID Cases on Oct 1

No antigen data, but more information in Bangkok Post.
Time is nature's way to keep everything from happening all at once.

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Covid Cases 09/30. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/

From Asean Now:
Health Ministry to Stop Reporting Daily COVID Cases on Oct 1

No antigen data, but more information in Bangkok Post.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Eagle thanks for your stalwart efforts in running this thread the last year or two.

Covid seems still to be with us in Thailand but atm, it's quiet ? I wonder if that's it ? In the UK there's some worrying stats recently so we should remain vigilant here ?

"Every hospital in the UK is under significant pressure and a new Covid surge is “a very heavy straw on the camel’s back”, health leaders have warned. At least eight hospitals declared a critical incident, cancelled operations or asked people not to come to A&E unless they were seriously ill last week. One of Britain’s most senior emergency doctor said there were links between incidents like these and the rapid rise in hospitalisations for Covid, up nearly 37% in a week to 7,024. While the Office for National Statistics said it was too early to say if an autumn Covid wave had begun, health leaders said ministers need to urgently address staffing shortages." https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/01/latest-covid-surge-a-heavy-straw-on-camels-back-for-every-hospital-in-uk

Covid 'experts' here, holding forth in the Daily Mail. FWIW I'm not getting alarmed, but it's useful to see the Stats. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11272999/Experts-warn-UK-start-devastating-Covid-wave.html

ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
From Bangkok Post:
2,616 Covid-19 in-patients, 40 fatalities last week

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Pfizer/BioNTech intend to increase the price for their new bivalent vaccine to $120-$130 - that's approx 400%    ::)   I've seen the wealth of Sahin and Tureci, the married wizards of BioNTech, estimated as high as $30 billion, each   ::)

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Pfizer's admission that 'transmissibility' had NOT been researched before the Vax was approved was treated as a 'bombshell' at the EU Inquiry i.e. as if something was seriously wrong.

BUT NOT SO. I looked around and found this https://youtu.be/JgrMzvasrm8?t=11 The Doctor here explains that in fact, that was the same for all Covid vaxes. The only 'beef' could be if the vax had been presented as preventing transmission in those early days, before anything substantive was known. IMO this link is well worth a look.

Safety and to protect against infection and serious infection were researched before the Vax was approved. The data on the effect that the Vax has on transmissibility has emerged since.

Another concern was that nearly all the lines of the contract copy given to that EU inquiry had been blacked out. I've no idea what is going on there ! It's also strange that the EU ordered such enormous quantities.

(With apologies, this post corrects an earlier post. now removed).

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
From Bangkok Post:
Covid-19 cases up by 12.8%

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Thanks Eagle - that includes my Missis, (day 5) and her Daughter in BKK   :-\  both doing OK except for a temperature . . . . ATB

Offline rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • Rokits Pictures
My father in law had Covid a couple weeks ago and all Covid beds were full at St. Mary's.

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Covid seems to be spiking in the UK too - my elderly mother caught it when visiting my brother and his family (who, unknown to them, had it)

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
From Bangkok Post:
Masks advised in crowded places as Covid cases rise.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Thanks Eagle - I think we've all seen reports that China now has a serious wave of Covid with more cases than ever before   ::)   :-\

Take care as always   :)

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
The vax/anti-vax debate continues . . . .

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1709123/tory-mp-covid-vaccine-inflaming-heart-arteries-commons-debate-update

From a Parliamentary debate 13/12 https://youtu.be/-MSKzoI72eU?t=40

Quotes along the way - 'silence on this issue is more contagious than the virus itself' and there should be an 'immediate and complete suspension of the use of any vaccines using MRNA technology'.

That's Pfizer and Moderna (MRNA). Astra Zeneca (viral vector) has already been effectively withdrawn  :(

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
I'd like to see some discussion to learn more about it but on my other forums, (Scancell), it's one for the weekend. Bridgen alleges a 'conspiracy of silence' saying 'silence on this issue is more contagious than the virus itself' and there should be an 'immediate and complete suspension of the use of any vaccines using MRNA technology'.

Other comments I've seen :-

"Yes very interesting article and great speech in Parliament by Andrew Bridgen MP, there will be statues of him all over the Country in years to come. What a very brave man standing up for People's freedoms and health".

"Bombshell stuff. Amazing. Let’s hope at last people sit up and listen and more importantly take action."

IMHO that YouTube is well worth a watch.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/d0cc6561-6ab9-46ea-8d6d-f07ac0cf136d at 19:04:33

It seems that MP Andrew Bridgen has some chequered history but MP Danny Kruger seems well measured in his approach - his ideas for consideration as put to the earlier Parliamentary Committee, were IMO quite reasonable:-

1. review the policy of giving the vax to children
2. examine safety aspects in the light of adverse vaccine reactions and damage
3. the funding of MHRA should not be even indirectly dependent on Big Pharma
4. adverse reactions and vaccine damage should be compensated

I particularly agree with Kruger's idea that if some points need to be debunked then the discussion around them must be freely held. I'll be interested to see that.

Other points in my mind are that the Pfizer vax was never researched for transmissibility but was 'sold to us as being effective in that respect. The original recommendation was that vax should be for health and care workers and the vulnerable only. The measure of absolute risk has been held not to justify widespread use of the vax. 40,000 careworkers lost their jobs for refusing the vax. Etc.

Bridgen claims there is a 'conspiracy of silence' even as we learn more about how the vaccines were introduced and how they performed. I think that may be so. He mentioned some other examples where the truth was hard to find - for me the best example of that was decades of widespread child abuse in the RC Church, (as portrayed in the film, 'Spotlight'), that was 'hidden' (?) for so long.

That's it. Sorry to go on I'm done  8)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 06:01:42 AM by Roger »

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Hector re. your last post, absolutely. Thailand should act NOW   ::)

China has a particular problem (again) and it makes sense, at the very least, to require a covid check before departure. No mention of which variant is running riot over there ? Omicron I guess. Well done Italy, Japan and all - I would like to see the UK (and Thailand) take measures too. Like NOW !

just noticed this :-

Quote  - More than half of passengers on a flight from China to Italy have tested positive for COVID-19 - as China prepares to open up its borders despite a huge surge in infections. Two flights into Milan were among the first to see passengers subjected to new mandatory testing imposed on Chinese travellers.

Guido Bertolaso, Lombardy regional councillor for welfare, told a news conference: "On the first flight, out of 92 passengers 35 (38%) are positive. On the second, out of 120 passengers 62 (52%) are positive."

On Wednesday evening the US became the fifth country to impose restrictions on Chinese travellers - as China prepares to issue ordinary passports and visas in a huge step away from COVID measures that have isolated the country for nearly three years
- quote ends.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-patients-no-longer-have-to-quarantine-in-hong-kong-as-restrictions-are-lifted-12775498

(My inverted comma/apostrophe is not working for some reason ?)

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Airport testing shows Covid numbers on arrival 'very low'

Five international travelers who arrived in the kingdom in the past two weeks tested positive for Covid-19, while 300-400 departing travelers, including Thais, were infected with the virus, according...

Full article in: Bangkok Post

So, are they testing every arrival for Covid?

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
I arrived last Thursday. No testing, no vaccination check, no insurance check.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaise Pascal

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Covid-19 cases 'are declining' despite foreign arrival surge

Miss Traisuree said there were 627 cases of people being hospitalised in the country last week, including 44 deaths.

From Bangkok Post

It appears that they only count people admitted to a hospital. There are probably thousands of people infected but not counted. I think the number of infections have to be  up with many infected Chinese visitors.