Korat-Farang.com

You and Your Computer

Korat Simian · 6 · 512

Offline Korat Simian

Living out here in this quiet and tranquil rural location surrounded by open fields and not much more to help me pass the time away as I don’t have any near by close foreign friends I tend to spend a lot of my time alone sitting at my trusty Mac computer . So I was wondering how long others here on average spend using their computer . Do you like myself spend a lot of time looking at your home computer screen and typing away on the keyboard  ........ 🖥

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Larry, you say you spend a lot of time on your computer out there in the boonies..... yes, understandable given your circumstances.  Still, its nice to have a lot of threads that aren't to do with Covid 19, Swatcats or English Premier league Predictions – keep it up!
I moved to the Phimai area some 10 years ago from the Hua Hin area, from where I was involved in a Management Training company.  Up here, not so, but I have a large place and there is a lot to keep me occupied in the house and garden – as well as golf.  I find the computer essential (I imagine we all do), but I don't spend a lot of time on it, simply because of everything else I need to get on with.  However, as I get less able to mow grass, chop trees, etc, etc I shall no doubt retreat inside to spend more time bugging my friends and acquaintances!
But to answer your question, I probably spend about 45 minutes daily after breakfast checking news, emails etc and the same in the evening.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • Rokits Pictures
Only spend a couple hours a day on the computer. But do spend a lot of time watch TV from the USA as I like sports, baseball, football, basketball, track & field (I was a runner in school), Formula 1 and NASCAR.

Offline Korat Simian

Larry, you say you spend a lot of time on your computer out there in the boonies..... yes, understandable given your circumstances.  Still, its nice to have a lot of threads that aren't to do with Covid 19, Swatcats or English Premier league Predictions – keep it up!
I moved to the Phimai area some 10 years ago from the Hua Hin area, from where I was involved in a Management Training company.  Up here, not so, but I have a large place and there is a lot to keep me occupied in the house and garden – as well as golf.  I find the computer essential (I imagine we all do), but I don't spend a lot of time on it, simply because of everything else I need to get on with.  However, as I get less able to mow grass, chop trees, etc, etc I shall no doubt retreat inside to spend more time bugging my friends and acquaintances!
But to answer your question, I probably spend about 45 minutes daily after breakfast checking news, emails etc and the same in the evening.

Thanks for the reply 👍

Living out in the sticks like I do can some times feel like a thorn in my side yes its peaceful but one down side is that being alone for long periods of time tends to make my mind over active . Locally as far as I know there are not many other foreigners around and on the odd occasion that ive bumped into one and attempted to start a conversation their reaction was to ignore me . Now Ive never played golf its been on my to try list for a long time. I’m getting more and more convinced that the older I become my desire to get up and do things is slowly fading away. :'(

Offline Korat Simian

Only spend a couple hours a day on the computer. But do spend a lot of time watch TV from the USA as I like sports, baseball, football, basketball, track & field (I was a runner in school), Formula 1 and NASCAR.

Thanks 🙏

Due to the time difference between Thailand and the USA do you just record the things you like to watch and play them later - I was sent this web link ...

https://ustvgo.tv/oxygen/

by a friend and I can watch American TV on line ( some times have to use a VPN ) .

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • Rokits Pictures
Yes, I usually record and watch later. I use a VPN and Hulu streaming service. Expensive but I have no other vises. lol