Korat-Farang.com

Toll gates on BKKs M25 - H9 Kanchanapisek (East).

Roger · 4 · 153

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Traveling down the H9 east of BKK yesterday I noticed that the 2nd set of booths at each toll area have been converted to M-PASS only.

When I saw long queues at the 1st set I thought I would go through to 2nd set but found it was M-PASS only along with notices saying avoidance of tolls would incur a 10 times charge. Still wondering a little about this I went through both toll areas the same 

So my B30 x 2 may turn out to be B300 x 2   :-\

WHAT a cock up this is - over the years I have never seen a queue at any M-PASS channel (when they only had one or two channels), and yesterday, the queues to pay the toll were at least 5 times the normal size. This is not just a local road. M-PASS makes sense for locals but most distance travelers are unlikely to have one IMO

Its on the route from Korat to Suvarnabhumi so I thought Id mention it. GL
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
I've been from Korat to Swampy a few times recently and I agree the new toll booth set up is confusing, but the trick is to get into the lanes that say 'cash' - normally to the left.  It isn't just M Pay now, there is another similar system, the name of which I can't recall.  Let's hope the cameras weren't working as you went through!

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Where were you heading Roger? If it was to bypass Bkk altogether, then take the 9 west of Bkk, I found this quicker when driving from Korat to Hua Hin.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Cheers Guys - I was heading Lamphun - Nakhon Sawan to Chantaburi so that has to be East H9.

I think ?

Hector I hope the cameras weren't working. I hear tonight if the 'fine' arrives, just ignore it. I won't bother - I'll pay.

But IMHO it's a balls up  ::)k

ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein