Korat-Farang.com

Horse Racing in Korat

waterheart · 9 · 562

Offline waterheart

• Forum Sage
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie
Have you ever visit Horse Racing in Korat?
I have heard about it since I was young.
I never go there and I don't know where it is.
Please give me information about it.
Thank you very much.
Long live to long learn

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hello Pookie, it's in the army camp, access via the entrance just over the railway track if heading south from Yamo and once in, you'll see it on the right, huge stand and gambling allowed - I had a good day at the races there once! You can visit the nearby stables as well. It was interesting for me as when I left the UK, I was living in the heart of the 2nd Largest centre for horse racing in the Country and race horses passed my house daily on their way to the gallops and back.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:57:00 PM by caller »

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Caller I've seen those horses being walked in training in the Bung Ta Lua area many times. But I don't know when they have the race meetings ?

Where was that in the UK ? I lived briefly at Bishopstone in the Lambourn area, famous for stables I believe.

Waterheart - you would have enjoyed a sight at the 800 metre bridge at Laem Sing, Chantaburi yesterday. As I came off the bridge, about 20 horses cantered up the other side with what seemed to be a 'cowboy club' fully dressed in style !  ;D There's a couple of bars around here with horses and a cowboy theme.

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Where was that in the UK ? I lived briefly at Bishopstone in the Lambourn area, famous for stables I believe.

Yes, I have driven through Bishopstone a few times. I have a house in Lambourn.

I have loads of pics of the races in Korat, but sadly, for some as yet unexplained reason, I can't cut and paste from my host site (google) on to forums anymore and they are all too big to use as an attachment - the size allowed is very low here.

Offline John Doe

Have you ever visit Horse Racing in Korat?
I have heard about it since I was young.
I never go there and I don't know where it is.
Please give me information about it.
Thank you very much.

Offline MrNorway

I schanked my second shot into the horse track once. From the left side of the fairway on hole 1. The caddie nervously run after it....   :P

Offline waterheart

• Forum Sage
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie

Thank you very much.
My friend will visit Korat and want to see horse racing.

It opens on Saturday or Sunday or both.
I've heard that it opened both 2 days but now only open on Saturday.. ???
Long live to long learn

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy

Thank you very much.
My friend will visit Korat and want to see horse racing.

It opens on Saturday or Sunday or both.
I've heard that it opened both 2 days but now only open on Saturday.. ???

I think it's on Saturday unless that is a Buddha day and then they race on Sunday.

Racing starts at midday.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson