Korat-Farang.com

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: The Liz Truss thread . . .
« Last post by Teessider on Today at 07:33:06 PM »
Christ Who are they going to choose next? Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss; each one more useless than the last. Member for the 19th century Rees-Mogg, the unhinged Braverman, or some other lickspittle to the mad right wing Tufton street pressure group The Institute for Economic Affairs?
Random and Spurious / Re: Thailand’s Strange Laws
« Last post by Coolkorat on Today at 07:26:39 PM »
No.3 - stepping on the currency. I've heard a variation of this about not putting a wallet in your back pocket as you would be sitting on the King.

The one that surprises me is the microphone one; imagine the effect on Japanese-centric karaoke places if this was enforced!
News / Re: Looks like the Korat tragedy all over again . .
« Last post by Teessider on Today at 05:24:31 PM »
A drug addicted ex cop who had lost his job for his drug addiction. Surely only a mental collapse can explain his horrendous acts.
« Last post by sfs on Today at 05:22:53 PM »
She's done in my opinion and will not even last to get a chance to see how it works out. As the betting world is predicting, gone in 2022, I agree.
News / Re: Looks like the Korat tragedy all over again . .
« Last post by Coolkorat on Today at 04:55:23 PM »
That is truly awful. For the second time it has involved someone trained and used-to guns.

I can't fathom why such a high percentage of these terrible events involve children and in this the case the youngest, most defenceless ones.
« Last post by Roger on Today at 06:29:52 AM »
Beth Rigby fairly but firmly puts points and the PM struggles :-

" “Prime minister, you’ve been in power for 28 days – but ten of those were when politics was paused.

“In 18 days, then, you’ve announced £45 billion of tax cuts without setting a fiscal framework.

“It precipitated a £65 billion emergency bond buying programme by the Bank of England to protect pension funds.

“The pound tanked. One thousand mortgage deals were removed from the market as interest rate rise expectations spiked.

“You established a 33-point lead for Labour in the polls, and now the ‘lady not for turning’ has announced a massive u-turn on a policy.

“This is surely the worst start of any prime minister.” "

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpZSCLIviM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpZSCLIviM</a>

Try this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpZSCLIviM (seems to work but takes time). Usual response techniques Johnsonian style - bang any drumlet in sight, platitudes and self-praise instead of answering the point.
Random and Spurious / Re: Joke of the Day
« Last post by jivvy on October 05, 2022, 04:27:18 PM »
3 situations that require witnesses:

1) Crimes
2) Accidents
3) Marriages

Need I say more?
« Last post by Coolkorat on October 05, 2022, 04:24:02 PM »
I can't see how they can hang on for another two years: the latest polls suggest a bloodbath: the conservatives would lose 211 MPs. Even if this is a worst-case scenario the conservatives are destined for opposition. Liz Truss is a woeful communicator - conservative press office banned her from doing interviews when Boris was PM because she was so bad. She makes Starmer look statesmanlike, which is boggling.

She will face a rebellion and be backed into a corner. She does not seem the type to go gracefully so will probably 'go nuclear' and call a general election. It could happen before Christmas - betting on Starmer being PM by 2023 might be an interesting bet.

[EDIT; whilst writing this I went to check on the odds and came across this: Last Tuesday, the odds for Liz Truss to leave office in 2022 sat at 66/1; amazingly, those odds are now as short as 4/1 (7/1 available). 

Truss’ exit date to be 2022 is the most backed politics market on oddschecker in the past seven days, accounting for 25% of total politics bets.
]
Sports, Martial Arts / Re: Premier League predictions 2022-23
« Last post by Coolkorat on October 05, 2022, 04:08:49 PM »
Saturday 8th October
Bournemouth v Leicester City...home
Chelsea v Wolves.........................home
Man. City v Southampton...........home
Newcastle Utd v Brentford.........draw
Brighton v Tottenham.................away

Sunday 9th October
Crystal Palace v Leeds Utd..........home
West Ham Utd v Fulham..............draw