Korat-Farang.com

English cricket in ashes . . . .

Roger · 82 · 11179

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Whilst the mire is in Yorkshire mainly (atm), what's to be said about it ? No one is going to defend racism in any way but surely, there's a 'woke' influence to some degree, in these sudden discoveries ?

I've been surprised in the past at the nastiness one can hear fielding close to the bat and 'sledging' has been widespread in cricket (wrongly IMO) for time immemorial, I dread to think what 'racist' gems might have been included. 'Banter' ? Maybe.

At Yorkshire and the BBC, 'McCarthyism' has broken out - jobs lost, no trial etc. Poor old Michael Vaughan has been sorely treated at the BBC IMO and I hope he takes the BBC to an Industrial Tribunal  >:(  AS for not too blameless himself, Mr Rafiq, I hope he's happy now   ;)

UNLIKE all England fans who are NOT happy atm.
Leaving out Broad and Anderson and batting first was potty IMO. One down in Oz and struggling from the first ball - well done England for the better second innings effort but, we are not amused   :o :o   ::) ::)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/11/ashes-gabba-england-australia-first-test-match-report-root-stokes-buttler-lyon-starc-carey
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Hallelujah   :D  England didn't lose a test Match   ;)

Heroic performances from Bairstow, Stokes, Crawley, Wood, Broad, Anderson and Leach. But for Khawaja scoring centuries for the Aussies in both innings, it might have been tighter than a 'losing' draw   ;)

Great to see and good to listen on R5 live thanks to TW's 'Hola' !
(Good on yer Cobber}.

Here's the irreplaceable Boycott on podcast https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/01/09/jos-buttler-should-not-play-another-test-joe-root-should-bat/
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein