Tiggs · 1772 · 104162

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • My House
Covid Cases 09/29. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/

From Asean Now:
Health Ministry to Stop Reporting Daily COVID Cases on Oct 1

No antigen data, but more information in Bangkok Post.
i am sofa king we todd did.

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • My House
Covid Cases 09/30. https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/

From Asean Now:
Health Ministry to Stop Reporting Daily COVID Cases on Oct 1

No antigen data, but more information in Bangkok Post.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Eagle thanks for your stalwart efforts in running this thread the last year or two.

Covid seems still to be with us in Thailand but atm, it's quiet ? I wonder if that's it ? In the UK there's some worrying stats recently so we should remain vigilant here ?

"Every hospital in the UK is under significant pressure and a new Covid surge is “a very heavy straw on the camel’s back”, health leaders have warned. At least eight hospitals declared a critical incident, cancelled operations or asked people not to come to A&E unless they were seriously ill last week. One of Britain’s most senior emergency doctor said there were links between incidents like these and the rapid rise in hospitalisations for Covid, up nearly 37% in a week to 7,024. While the Office for National Statistics said it was too early to say if an autumn Covid wave had begun, health leaders said ministers need to urgently address staffing shortages." https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/01/latest-covid-surge-a-heavy-straw-on-camels-back-for-every-hospital-in-uk

Covid 'experts' here, holding forth in the Daily Mail. FWIW I'm not getting alarmed, but it's useful to see the Stats. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11272999/Experts-warn-UK-start-devastating-Covid-wave.html

ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • My House
From Bangkok Post:
2,616 Covid-19 in-patients, 40 fatalities last week

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Pfizer/BioNTech intend to increase the price for their new bivalent vaccine to $120-$130 - that's approx 400%    ::)   I've seen the wealth of Sahin and Tureci, the married wizards of BioNTech, estimated as high as $30 billion, each   ::)

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Pfizer's admission that 'transmissibility' had NOT been researched before the Vax was approved was treated as a 'bombshell' at the EU Inquiry i.e. as if something was seriously wrong.

BUT NOT SO. I looked around and found this https://youtu.be/JgrMzvasrm8?t=11 The Doctor here explains that in fact, that was the same for all Covid vaxes. The only 'beef' could be if the vax had been presented as preventing transmission in those early days, before anything substantive was known. IMO this link is well worth a look.

Safety and to protect against infection and serious infection were researched before the Vax was approved. The data on the effect that the Vax has on transmissibility has emerged since.

Another concern was that nearly all the lines of the contract copy given to that EU inquiry had been blacked out. I've no idea what is going on there ! It's also strange that the EU ordered such enormous quantities.

(With apologies, this post corrects an earlier post. now removed).

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • My House
From Bangkok Post:
Covid-19 cases up by 12.8%

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Thanks Eagle - that includes my Missis, (day 5) and her Daughter in BKK   :-\  both doing OK except for a temperature . . . . ATB

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • Rokits Pictures
My father in law had Covid a couple weeks ago and all Covid beds were full at St. Mary's.

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Covid seems to be spiking in the UK too - my elderly mother caught it when visiting my brother and his family (who, unknown to them, had it)

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • My House
From Bangkok Post:
Masks advised in crowded places as Covid cases rise.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Thanks Eagle - I think we've all seen reports that China now has a serious wave of Covid with more cases than ever before   ::)   :-\

Take care as always   :)