Korat-Farang.com

Environmental horrors

Roger · 3 · 573

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Just have a look at this - BREAKING: more than 100,000kg of plastic removed from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch (GPGP)

https://mobile.twitter.com/rickinnovate?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • My House
Where did all this plastic come from? Just from people throwing it away, or from ships dumping it, or countries dumping it in the ocean? It probably accumulated over the last 50 years. They removed 100,000kg, but how much is still there?
I'm not lazy, I'm motivationally challenged.

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Eagle the frightening truth according to 'Rick' of "Innovate UK', is that the 100 tonnes removed is just 1000th of the GPGP  :o   :o   :-[

From the tweet, "Thank you to our determined offshore crew and supporters worldwide; together, we  have now officially cleaned up 1/1000th of the GPGP."

I'd guess that much of the GPGP is day to day waste thrown over the sides of ships, waste floating out from the land PLUS some cowboy dumping of waste ostensibly en route from say Europe to Asia . . . . .

Hard to know but it is a disgusting failure of the human race that this has happened  >:(

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein