Korat-Farang.com

Big Bro or What?

Hector · 4 · 4837

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Just travelled north east from Korat along the western by-pass and a few km from Thai Watsadu encountered a police check.  Not an ordinary police check; any male under about 40 was required to  go to a nearby tented complex to give a urine sample.  Didn't see any women walking there and my wife and I (75) were not required to do so.
Interesting as it has nothing to do with Coprona Virus and everything to do with drugs.  Police weren't looking for drugs as no vehicles were being checked, but targetting those who had been or might have been taking them.
I suppose one can say this isn't a lot different from a "please blow in this bag" check, but this is the first time I have encountered this one in 22 years here.

Offline Dylan_Leo

I was driving back from Chanthaburi with the family about 7-8 years back on the 304 road and got stopped at the police check point near Wang Nam Khiao, my Brother-in-law was asked to give a urine sample to test for drugs but not myself, I just had to show my international driving permit  ;D

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Just travelled north east from Korat along the western by-pass and a few km from Thai Watsadu encountered a police check.  Not an ordinary police check; any male under about 40 was required to  go to a nearby tented complex to give a urine sample.  Didn't see any women walking there and my wife and I (75) were not required to do so.
Interesting as it has nothing to do with Coprona Virus and everything to do with drugs.  Police weren't looking for drugs as no vehicles were being checked, but targetting those who had been or might have been taking them.
I suppose one can say this isn't a lot different from a "please blow in this bag" check, but this is the first time I have encountered this one in 22 years here.

I encountered the same or similar a few weeks ago on the bypass but the police seemed to be being selective about who they pulled over. From a quick glance as I drove past, all the vehicles being allowed to pass had Nakhonratchasima number plates and the vehicles being pulled over had number plates from other provinces. That might just have been a coincidence though.

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Interesting Alfie.  I noticed today number plates from Bkk and Khon Kaen as well as Korat being pulled over;  we have Korat plates.  I wonder why they have just started up this one (again) and what they do with the guys who check positive.