Korat-Farang.com

A 'dotage' in Chiang Mai ?

Roger · 2 · 1675

Online Roger

• Wisdom in Forum
Like most of us, I wanna live as long as possible but I don't wanna get old   ???

If all else fails, here's a balmy old age in Chiang Mai   ::)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10404681/Would-send-loved-one-live-care-home-6-000-miles-away-Thailand.html
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Hector

• Golfers in Korat
"Like most of us, I wanna live as long as possible but I don't wanna get old" (Roger)
(Some of us are already old!!)
When I was working in Bkk in the back end of the '90s I had occasion to help an elderly ex-RAF guy move into I think the first care home in the Chiang Mai area.  He was very well looked after then.  Since those days they have clearly proliferated and, if the DM article is not gilding the lily, are well set up  and good value - certainly compared with so many in the UK these days from what one reads.
Yes, Roger, old age is a 'bummer' and the older one gets as one loses the ease with which to do all the familiar things in life that one had never really thought about before, it can get pretty dispiriting, so I can understand the attraction of a well run care home in attractive surroundings and a pleasant climate that doesn't break the bank each month.  Not for me, I hasten to add, but ...... one never knows!