Korat-Farang.com

season's Greetings!

Hector · 7 · 1027

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Just to wish all Korat-Farang members a Happy Christmas and all the best for 2022.  We keep saying that the coming year has to be better than the last one and, as for the last few years this hasn't materilised, let us live in hope with this one!  No doubt we will still have Covid with us and perhaps nations will learn to live with it without destroying communities, economies  and the whole quality of life of people.  Methinks there is some way to go.
I think that TAT's wildly optimistic predictions on tourism are just so much pie in the sky and I think this country is going to have to give some serious thought to how they cope with this major loss of revenue.  At present they seem to be trying to re-invent the wheel while at the same time getting rid of the bar/sex culture which has brought them in so many tourists and so much revenue in the past.
But after an incredibly slow start most of us have been vaccinated – for free – and boosters are being given, so we should at least be thankful for that.
My own feeling is that Thailand will stumble through this next year much as it has the last two.  There may be an election, but I'm not holding my breath that it will change much having seen the shenanigans of the last one.
So best wishes to you all once again and enjoy your Christmas!

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Merry Christmas to you too, Hector, and to all K-F members and readers. I agree with you - we all started 2021 with optimism that Covid was on the decline and the world would return to normal. And here we are, 12 months later, and still haunted by it.

Anyone got any predictions for 2021?

- Suspect BoJo will not finish the year as PM - might not make Easter!
- Putin will continue playing brinkmanship over Ukraine in order to pile pressure on Biden
- Trump will announce he is standing in 2024
- Something strange will happen at the Maxwell trail. Difficult to know exactly what, but she won't take the stand and perhaps will be acquitted. Events will transpire to ensure the really juicy, damaging stuff never comes out.

All very tame ones I'm afraid! Don't think 2022 is the year aliens land on Earth.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year to you both and all KF members.

Who knows what 2022 will bring but I will finally be moving to make Thailand and more specifically Korat my retirement home before 2022 is over.

Coolkorat, I think you are spot on regarding Boris, he is on his way out now no doubt about it.

All the best everyone.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
From Mike( Jivvy ) and Kaew
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
    • Rokits Pictures

Online Roger

• Administrator
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks for the artwork Guys & your thoughts CK and Hector   :)

Wishing you all the happiest Christmas possible AND less stress in 2022  ;)

ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
Christmas best wishes to all at KF. Here's hoping to a better 2022 and a return to safe and simple travel back to Thailand.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal