Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Are you starting to feel your age?  (Read 66 times)

ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Are you starting to feel your age?
« on: January 01, 2019, 02:49:14 PM »

Well another year gone  :(

I always thought that getting old was what other people had to contend with , never really gave it a second thought . Now all of a sudden as my 70th birthday approaches its hit me like a ton of bricks.  I should have noticed the signs , my remaining hair turning silver grey , an expanding waistline .I start to feel a bit dizzy if I get up out of bed to quickly. I feel the need to take an afternoon nap and forever getting up in the middle of the night to pee. I can’t change the oil on my car any more as laying on floor and trying to get up only makes my joints ache . I seem to constantly need stronger lenses in my spectacles . My kitchen fridge is plastered with yellow sticky notes to remind me not to forget . My sagging jaw line seems to now be controlled by gravity . A slap up meal and a good bottle of red wine is now more appealing than a bedroom romp.  Gone is the hello sexy man only to be replaced by , hello papa . A day doesn't go by when I don't get another email telling me an old friend from back home has passed away . The more I look at my passport photograph the more I see my long departed dad looking back at me.

I’m starting to wear black socks with my sandals and I’m convinced that when I’m asleep my wife thinks I’m dead .  I go out side to do some thing and once there I can’t remember what I was going to do. When I look at a news article about a favorite actor or TV personality , they all now seem to look a lot older. I seem to be complaining about more things . My ears, eyebrows and nose seem to be sprouting much more hair that on my head. The list is endless . This aging curse is not for the weak .

I’m now wondering if constantly writing rambling comments on an internet forum web site is a sure sign of getting old?. ;D

So are you like me and starting to feel your age , if so how are you dealing with it.

Ken
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 
Pages: [1]