Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Just got back from Loei  (Read 321 times)

ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Just got back from Loei
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:26:31 AM »

Just got back from a Christmas break in Loei , stayed with a friend and his Thai wife and their two children . Had a great time and was impressed with the scenery, the nights were cold and felt a bit like being back in good old blighty , even had to use thick blanket. Met a few other retired expats who seemed to be contented with life in Loei . I’m not sure if it would be a place that I could permanently live  ::)

Any one else been to Loei ?

Ken
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re: Just got back from Loei
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:16:05 PM »

Loei looks beautiful Ken. It's a fair sized town I guess. Good to hear the Expats are happy up there. The Swatcats used to play Loei at Football in Regional League days. I've seen the team but never been  ;)

Those mountains are hard to walk  ???

So a Happy New Year to you and welcome back. R
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Re: Just got back from Loei
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:30:30 PM »

Loei looks beautiful Ken. It's a fair sized town I guess. Good to hear the Expats are happy up there. The Swatcats used to play Loei at Football in Regional League days. I've seen the team but never been  ;)

Those mountains are hard to walk  ???

So a Happy New Year to you and welcome back. R

Hi Roger

I had the opportunity to go up a mountain , but on that morning my head was still thumping from the previous nights Chang session . The few long term expats that I got to meet all seemed to be fairly happy and most of them seemed to belong to a local motorbike club . I did get to sit on a huge
Honda Gold Wing motorbike that was owned by an expat two years older than me :o  . I can just see my self with a black leather bikers jacket , sitting on my own 1,000 cc white and chromed to buggery Honda Gold Wing out side our local 7-11  ;D

Happy new year

Ken
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 
Pages: [1]