Korat-Farang.com

Thailand - Domestic violence reports soar in 2019

ken kenobie · 4 · 124

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Since Jan 1, 2019 , there have been 28 reports of domestic violence-related deaths, resulting in 33 deaths, compared with only 10 in the same period last year.

Just over two weeks after the new year began, reports of domestic violence doubled from the rate of the same period last year. However, rights advocates say agencies in charge of handling the problem are slow to react and tend to view it as merely a family issue.

Full Article

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1614218/domestic-violence-reports-soar-in-2019

Still I suppose its happening all over the world  ::)

Ken

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Online dam12641

Ken, that's 2 horrific news items you have shared with us.
Ignoring any philosophical reason why, purely in the interests of balance, could you share a good news story?
 ;D

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Ken, that's 2 horrific news items you have shared with us.
Ignoring any philosophical reason why, purely in the interests of balance, could you share a good news story?
 ;D

Will do , but finding a good news story about Thailand may be an up hill struggle , I will give it a go and get back  :)

Ken 
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Ken - I suspect domestic violence in Thailand as in other Countries, goes mainly unreported and is much more common than suggested by the extreme events that do come to our notice.

AS for good news stories - there are many in Thailand but maybe not of interest to the Media. I understand Dam's comment about balance. Generally I think our Forum is better at this than some I've seen.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein