Korat-Farang.com

No More Google

ken kenobie · 4 · 165

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
 Privacy friendly alternatives to Google that don't track you  ;D

https://nomoregoogle.com/

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Privacy friendly alternatives to Google

Out of curiosity Ken, are you worried about Google (etc.) tracking you? My kids each got 'Alexa' devices for Christmas. These listen all the time, even when seemingly offline. We turn them off, but they are very useful.

There is anecdotal evidence that Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and others cover their laptop cameras. We have friends who use 'dumb' phones because they see a kidnap risk in the use of smart phones. Said friends are billionaires with a home in Spain and use the dumb phones in Spain (and have security teams): here, they use smart phones.

But for me? I'm not a billionaire. I know no secrets. I'm not wanted. I am not at risk of kidnap. Google gives me lots of amazing interlinked tools that really help my life: contacts, navigation etc. I'm not concerned about them, and it might be a little over-paranoid if people become concerned about the development of tools to help their daily lives. Thanks to Alexa we can listen to Chris Evans in the morning, rather than the dreadful Zoe Ball. Next trick is to the same in my new car, which it much cleverer than me.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Out of curiosity Ken, are you worried about Google (etc.) tracking you?

I agree with you. The paranoia surrounding all of this is ridiculous. They can have all the humdrum, boring and thoroughly useless knowledge about me they like. They're welcome to it and are free to use it any way they choose.

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Everybody poops, but we still close the bathroom door  ;D

★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★