Korat-Farang.com

New

Administrator · 9 · 949

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • Korat-Farang.com
Dear all

Please note this new topic. You may also note there is a new usergroup (golf) which you are welcome to join, and which we would encourage you to join: it means that the group can circulate important information (like comps, tee times, closed courses etc.). With some time and inclination the group might be able to do some negotiation with the courses, and knowing the numbers of members will be important.

Thanks!

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
OK, I am a golfer but at age 71 my game is suffering. Right now playing at 8:30am Thursday (sport day) at Tiger. Usually 2 or 3 of us. New golfers welcome. Occasionally play Suranaree Tuesday at 8:30 when we feel we need a beat down. lol

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Good idea Admin!  Just to add to rdrokits post, quite a large group of expats play Tiger Tuesdays and Army Fridays, starting between 0700 and 0730 with occasional forays to other courses: eg Korat CC, Crystal Lake, Panorama.

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Reference my last post, the "large group" of over 12 has now dwindled to a small gang.  People have left the country, have become sick or incapacitated or have simply decided to do their own thing.  We still play at Tiger (Air Force) shortly after 0700 on Tuesdays and at about the same time at Suranaree (Army) on Fridays.  We need new people to join us and there has been the odd welcome addition recently, but it seems a shame that other farang golfers seem reluctant to join us.  It would be good to see some new faces.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
Yes it is a shame that there is not more golfers out there. I use to play with the 7am group but it got to early as I got more animals to feed and walk the dogs so getting up at 5am to play a round of golf is a little too much for the old body. I started playing at 8:30 on Thursday with a group but two have gone back to their home countries and the other moved to another city in Thailand. Has been way too hot to go out there and shoot a round by myself. I am not that masochistic. lol

Have gotten a golf simulator for my home and try to shoot a round a couple times a week. Been concentrating on my iron game as you only hit a driver 14 or 15 times in a round of 90 shots.

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
I am of the opinion usually attributed to Mark Twain "A good walk, spoiled" wrt golf.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Rdro, is there any mileage in organising a low-pressure golf competition? Something competitive but fun, with prizes that are decent but not good enough to attract hard-core golfers?

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
I don't think so. Not enough interest, many do not know their handicap and the ones that do sand bag.  Use to be an chap who owned a bar that tried. He and the bar are gone.

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
I don't think so. Not enough interest, many do not know their handicap and the ones that do sand bag.  Use to be an chap who owned a bar that tried. He and the bar are gone.

A lot of the fun seems to have gone from Korat: the days where people would rock up to a bar and have a chat. Perhaps the pressure of immigration has taken it's toll and the old guard has gone (in various ways). There are fewer 'interested' expats, less old guard.

But perhaps we're both wrong and there are frustrated golfers waiting for a round who look at this. If that is the case, please get in touch!

多くの楽しみがコラートから去ったようです:人々がバーに固執してチャットをする日。 おそらく移民の圧力がそれを犠牲にして、そして古い警備隊は(様々な方法で)行った。 「興味を持っている」駐在員が少なくなり、古くなった警備員が少なくなります。

しかし、おそらく我々は両方とも間違っているし、これを見てラウンドを待っている欲求不満のゴルファーがいる。 その場合はご連絡ください。