Korat-Farang.com

NOW - it won’t switch on.

ken kenobie · 21 · 738

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Last night while laying in bed I nodded off and my mobile phone slipped off the duvet and onto the tiled floor . Now because stupidly I had no protective cover
on the phone , it won’t switch on.  :(

So I’m going to look for a new mobile phone .

What mobile phone are you currently using and would you recommend it , or would you advise me against buying that model of phone ?

Ken
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Online Kev

• KFers in Korat
Why not take it to the shop to be repaired, mobiles are cheap as to get fixed in Thailand....

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
Why not take it to the shop to be repaired, mobiles are cheap as to get fixed in Thailand....

I was thinking about that but its getting old and I'm looking for an excuse to buy a new phone  ;D

I had a play in the Korat Mall with an iPhone X , bugger such a nice looking phone but way beyond what a poor British pensioner like me could afford :(

Ken
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Offline jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The AIS shops do some deals on good phones on special offers but you have to subscribe to a minimum monthly subscription for their services
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

Take Ken Kenobie's stories with a pinch of salt, Kev. Most are just a light-hearted or humorous way to start a discussion.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online KiwiCanadian

I have a vivo 1806, 3 months old could not be happier with it, looooong battery life the way I use it, I think if the wife had one she would be charging every 12 hours though. Its not too big but has an adequate screen that you can actually see things on it, yes I wear glasses.
No issues to date.
I made sure that I used my google account to login for the first time to bring all my google "Stuff" across, brilliant.

KC
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
I've got a Huawai P20 Pro and am very pleased with it: the camera is fantastic. The new version is due to launch soon, and you might well find some great deals. Keep and eye on the Samsung Note 8 also: the new folding Samsung is launching soon and there may well be some deals on these 'older' Samsung phones, which are still fantastic phones. And the Note has a larger screen.

p.s. also invest in a good armored case and screen protector!

Online Dylan_Leo

• Just Arrived
Ken,

Have a look at the new kid on the block, dirt cheap (in today’s hi end phones) and available in Thailand too, see link below is for Amazon in uk though, available through Lazada too.
My mate is an avid iPhone nut but he loves this phone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/POCOPHONE-F1-Xiaomi-Smartphone-6-18-Inch-Graphite-Black/dp/B07JFFJDL3

DL

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
The AIS shops do some deals on good phones on special offers but you have to subscribe to a minimum monthly subscription for their services

Thanks , next time I’m in Korat I am going to pop in there and see what they have on offer

Ken

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
I have a vivo 1806, 3 months old could not be happier with it, looooong battery life the way I use it, I think if the wife had one she would be charging every 12 hours though. Its not too big but has an adequate screen that you can actually see things on it, yes I wear glasses.
No issues to date.
I made sure that I used my google account to login for the first time to bring all my google "Stuff" across, brilliant.

KC

I can't seem to find much info on the vivo 1806 , Is that the same as the Vivo V11 ?

Ken

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
I've got a Huawai P20 Pro and am very pleased with it: the camera is fantastic. The new version is due to launch soon, and you might well find some great deals. Keep and eye on the Samsung Note 8 also: the new folding Samsung is launching soon and there may well be some deals on these 'older' Samsung phones, which are still fantastic phones. And the Note has a larger screen.

p.s. also invest in a good armored case and screen protector!

Do you find the lack of an SD card slot on the P20 to be a problem ?

Ken

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
Ken,

Have a look at the new kid on the block, dirt cheap (in today’s hi end phones) and available in Thailand too, see link below is for Amazon in uk though, available through Lazada too.
My mate is an avid iPhone nut but he loves this phone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/POCOPHONE-F1-Xiaomi-Smartphone-6-18-Inch-Graphite-Black/dp/B07JFFJDL3

DL

I had never heard of this phone , it seems to be getting rave reviews  :)

Ken

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
Both my son and I have Samsung Galaxy j7 purchased from Lazada,

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.search.4.30a93525Y3PCd6&q=samsung%20galaxy%20j7&_keyori=ss&from=suggest_normal&sugg=samsung%20galaxy%20j7_3_1

I have had several Samsung phones , and never had any problems , this J7 looks a good deal .

Ken

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
I just got out my old not working mobile phones  ;D

There are several things that I am looking for in a new mobile phone.

Screen size above 5''
SD card slot
Dual SIM
Good main camera
Hot spot option
Must be slim and light ( if its to heavy while I hold the phone in bed , it makes my hand ache  ;D )

Ken

Ken

Offline jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Must be slim and light ( if its to heavy while I hold the phone in bed , it makes my hand ache  ;D )

Are you sure it's the weight of the phone????
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online KiwiCanadian

No issues to date.

KC
yes

I can't seem to find much info on the vivo 1806 , Is that the same as the Vivo V11 ?

Ken

Offline ken kenobie

• KFers in Korat
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you sure it's the weight of the phone????

With my head resting on the bed pillow , I hold the phone up in front of my face , after a while the phone starts to make my hand ache  ::)

At my age It takes me all my time to raise a smile never mind any thing else ;D

Ken

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Do you find the lack of an SD card slot on the P20 to be a problem

Not as much of a problem as I thought. I store all my photos in the cloud (I subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud and therefore store all my photos in Lightroom and can use them on any of my devices). If you regularly connect to WiFi and have the settings on your photo to back-up over WiFi then the photos are not stored locally using memory space on the phone. The Adobe subscription is a cost but you can do the same thing using Google Drive, Dropbox etc. If you subsequently want to process the photo on your phone (using the excellent Snapseed app for example) then it is simple to download locally, process the photo and upload the finished version back to your preferred cloud storage. This is 'DAM' (Digital Asset Management) in action. 

Slightly off-topic, but I would recommend creating catalogues of images. It makes finding photographs later on much easier.

Online KiwiCanadian

CK, good last comment,

I go one step further, I have first level folders by year ie: "2019" the next level of folders are the actual date the group of photos here taken ie: 2019-02-15 xxxx.......

This way they are all immediately stored in chronological order, very easy for my poor old brain to follow, LOL

KC