Korat-Farang.com

PC sins - who decides ?

Roger · 39 · 1348

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
In an interview with the BBC, Amber Rudd was talking about on-line abuse, sympathising with Diane Abbot as an example, because she IS coloured (or black) and THAT being so, attracts more abuse - (wrongly of course). An accurate description of Diane Abbot with the best of intent IMO.

Discussing this balanced comment, the Daily Mirror have to join the PC mob . . .

''Amber Rudd has inexplicably referred to Diane Abbott as a "coloured woman". The Work and Pensions secretary used the outdated and offensive term when discussing abuse suffered by politicians.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-amber-rudd-inexplicably-refers-14101319

I'm sorry but who decided that 'coloured' as a description is an ''outdated and offensive term''. It's accurate, relevant and actually used in a sensitive way.

Watch the clip - what do you think ?   8)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
The PC / Me Too brigade gather strength.

A candidate for PC plonker of 2019 - John Legend - American Folk Singer.

The irreplaceable fun song, 'Baby it's cold outside', has to be rewritten unless we are corrupted in some way. I love that song ! Leave it alone.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7626583/John-Legend-Kelly-Clarkson-rewrite-lyrics-Baby-Cold-Outside.html
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
OK RDRO that's fair enough. Personally this PC stuff drives me up the wall and I don't think I'm alone. Why not post about something you do care about yourself ?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I see a Labour Candidate has just stepped down because he used the word, "Shylock" in some context or other. FGS ! Even worse, poor old Alf Garnett bites the dust  . . . .

"It is the streaming service that promises classic BBC and ITV shows from decades past, offering viewers a chance to wallow in nostalgia. But anyone hoping to re-watch Till Death Us Do Part or Love Thy Neighbour will not find them on Britbox. Their politically incorrect subject matter has been deemed inappropriate for modern audiences."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/07/best-british-tv-streaming-service-attracts-complaints-emerges/

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
I recently watched a programme on seventies TV. In it black comedian Derek Griffiths was shown in a clip singing the Boney M song Melting Pot. He got to the line "mixed with yellow Chinky" whereupon he used his fingers to narrow his eyes! Those were the days eh!
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
THOSE were the days Teess - here we go again - in an article more about the BBC than 'West Side Story', there's more revisionist  stuff to make the PC averse, grind teeth  :(

"Everywhere you looked this week, culture was busy trying to correct the mistakes of the past. The new Broadway production of West Side Story has cut Maria's song "I Feel Pretty": the director explains he wants a rendition fit "for the 21st century". Because, as we know, young women of today have ceased caring about their appearance, no longer enjoy getting dressed up for a big night out and are wholly indifferent to their attractiveness to the opposite sex. If there is still such a thing as the opposite sex, that is. Last time I looked, we were up to seven genders but, hey, it's still only Wednesday ! ." . . . . . . .

"The same wilfully wrongheaded thinking dominates at the BBC. No period drama is safe any more from the drip-drip of politically correct views, regardless of how bizarre they appear in a historical context. We will have to wait till Sunday night to see whether the latest adaptation of HG Wells's War of the Worlds is travesty or triumph. (As is now de rigueur, it has ignored the novel, put a woman and a gay guy centre stage and pushed aside the white straight men who were so annoyingly prevalent in Victorian England.)"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/bbc-leading-charge-rewriting-culture-suit-woke-brigade/

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
BritBox: 'inappropriate' classic UK TV shows to be kept off service

Sounds like this will be a roaring success..............not

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/nov/07/britbox-uk-networks-plan-to-tackle-netflix-amazon-and-apple-tv
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Dam thanks for this one earlier - worth a watch indeed :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUuZMyqhUUk

Moving on - Laurence Fox :-

"Today saw an unlikely blow struck in the battle against groupthink and ideological conformity. The actors' union Equity apologised to Laurence Fox for calling him a “disgrace” and urging its members to “denounce” him. This followed his appearance on Question Time in January in which he described Britain as the “most tolerant, lovely country in Europe” and said that endlessly accusing the British people of racism is “starting to get really boring now”". . . . . . .

. . . . . "It would be nice to think Fox’s victory represents a “turning point” in the battle to defend free speech, but that, too, would be naïve. For every courageous individual that stands up to the mob, there are thousands who get trampled beneath its stampeding feet."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/13/laurence-foxs-brave-victory-mob-can-show-us-fight-free-speech2/

also https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/13/laurence-foxs-victory-blow-against-hypocrisies-left-wing-luvviedom/

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
The Lady must be joking !

"Coco Pops has been a much-loved breakfast staple for decades with one of the most recognisable mascots in TV advertising. But Coco the Monkey has come under suspicion from disgraced former Labour MP Fiona Onasanya, who has written to Kellogg's asking why they chose that animal to represent the chocolate-flavoured cereal when Rice Krispies uses 'three white boys'."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8423841/Disgraced-ex-MP-Fiona-Onasanya-slams-Kelloggs-using-MONKEY-mascot-Coco-Pops.html

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The Lady must be joking !

"Coco Pops has been a much-loved breakfast staple for decades with one of the most recognisable mascots in TV advertising. But Coco the Monkey has come under suspicion from disgraced former Labour MP Fiona Onasanya, who has written to Kellogg's asking why they chose that animal to represent the chocolate-flavoured cereal when Rice Krispies uses 'three white boys'."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8423841/Disgraced-ex-MP-Fiona-Onasanya-slams-Kelloggs-using-MONKEY-mascot-Coco-Pops.html

Suggest you stop reading the Daily Mail

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Caller the DM is awful with celebs/gossip but sometimes there are good features and excellent pics. I look at the DI, Indy, Grauniad etc. Poor old Kelloggs !

Offline TJD

Once all the racists, homophobes, and white privilege Trump voters are purged from the Utopian society by the new American ISIS, the purity test standards will become increasingly strict, causing dissension in the ranks.  Survivors will polarize and fragment into clans and tribes, and then turn on each other.   

This is the nature of our species.   

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
(Good cartoons BTW and tks  :) )

I understand 'take a knee' but I'm with Dominic Raab - except that I don't even kneel to God or for that matter, to Mrs Raab  ;)  So black/white/all lives matter IMO and it's OK whichever way you want to put it. So now we have clapping for the NHS before a game, taking the knee, then the game stops at some stage for applause for a time anniversary of something or other. And BLM on the back of my heroes shirts  ::)  It's football and please let us get on with it. IMO this sentimentalisation of everything started with Princess Diana's death and the theme is still running. It's bullocks.

Burnley FC and Players are apparently overcome with remorse over a WLM statement - what's on there ? Don't WHITE lives matter, the same as black and all ? PC is the new McCarthyism - (I'm right against USA Policing excesses nonetheless). Some interesting comments at the end of this Yahoo item https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/white-lives-matter-banner-flown-194746406.html

As Black protestors make their point around the World with fullest righteousness, I'm reminded that in the days of 'slaving', African Chiefs were often rounding up the victims for the Slavetraders and pocketing tidy sums. So let's be less shrill on the point. I don't believe I'm racist, just even handed, but would make the point that this BLM barrage will alienate many people and confirm the position of the far right. Let's calm down.

I guess there's some strong feelings around this topic ?
The rain has stopped so I'm off for a bike ride !

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Being a victim is the new norm for explaining failure Roger.

I'm afraid that I am tiring of groups such as bame and palastinians wingeing.

Just get over it and work to be successful....and if I hear the word empowerment one more time.......

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
There is a real disconnect between politicians/media and ordinary folks. Every person I know is furious about the media's response to the "White lives matter" issue.

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
My final comment, the world is going mad...and dangerously so in my mind!!

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
I hope I've att this vid' correctly.  If so, I agree 100% with him as do the vast majority of those who comment on UK newspaper articles.
PS  Obviously I haven't.  Note says video is too  big.  Suggestions?