Korat-Farang.com

PC sins - who decides ?

Roger · 8 · 213

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
In an interview with the BBC, Amber Rudd was talking about on-line abuse, sympathising with Diane Abbot as an example, because she IS coloured (or black) and THAT being so, attracts more abuse - (wrongly of course). An accurate description of Diane Abbot with the best of intent IMO.

Discussing this balanced comment, the Daily Mirror have to join the PC mob . . .

''Amber Rudd has inexplicably referred to Diane Abbott as a "coloured woman". The Work and Pensions secretary used the outdated and offensive term when discussing abuse suffered by politicians.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-amber-rudd-inexplicably-refers-14101319

I'm sorry but who decided that 'coloured' as a description is an ''outdated and offensive term''. It's accurate, relevant and actually used in a sensitive way.

Watch the clip - what do you think ?   8)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The PC / Me Too brigade gather strength.

A candidate for PC plonker of 2019 - John Legend - American Folk Singer.

The irreplaceable fun song, 'Baby it's cold outside', has to be rewritten unless we are corrupted in some way. I love that song ! Leave it alone.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7626583/John-Legend-Kelly-Clarkson-rewrite-lyrics-Baby-Cold-Outside.html
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
OK RDRO that's fair enough. Personally this PC stuff drives me up the wall and I don't think I'm alone. Why not post about something you do care about yourself ?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I see a Labour Candidate has just stepped down because he used the word, "Shylock" in some context or other. FGS ! Even worse, poor old Alf Garnett bites the dust  . . . .

"It is the streaming service that promises classic BBC and ITV shows from decades past, offering viewers a chance to wallow in nostalgia. But anyone hoping to re-watch Till Death Us Do Part or Love Thy Neighbour will not find them on Britbox. Their politically incorrect subject matter has been deemed inappropriate for modern audiences."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/07/best-british-tv-streaming-service-attracts-complaints-emerges/

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
I recently watched a programme on seventies TV. In it black comedian Derek Griffiths was shown in a clip singing the Boney M song Melting Pot. He got to the line "mixed with yellow Chinky" whereupon he used his fingers to narrow his eyes! Those were the days eh!
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
THOSE were the days Teess - here we go again - in an article more about the BBC than 'West Side Story', there's more revisionist  stuff to make the PC averse, grind teeth  :(

"Everywhere you looked this week, culture was busy trying to correct the mistakes of the past. The new Broadway production of West Side Story has cut Maria's song "I Feel Pretty": the director explains he wants a rendition fit "for the 21st century". Because, as we know, young women of today have ceased caring about their appearance, no longer enjoy getting dressed up for a big night out and are wholly indifferent to their attractiveness to the opposite sex. If there is still such a thing as the opposite sex, that is. Last time I looked, we were up to seven genders but, hey, it's still only Wednesday ! ." . . . . . . .

"The same wilfully wrongheaded thinking dominates at the BBC. No period drama is safe any more from the drip-drip of politically correct views, regardless of how bizarre they appear in a historical context. We will have to wait till Sunday night to see whether the latest adaptation of HG Wells's War of the Worlds is travesty or triumph. (As is now de rigueur, it has ignored the novel, put a woman and a gay guy centre stage and pushed aside the white straight men who were so annoyingly prevalent in Victorian England.)"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/bbc-leading-charge-rewriting-culture-suit-woke-brigade/

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
BritBox: 'inappropriate' classic UK TV shows to be kept off service

Sounds like this will be a roaring success..............not

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/nov/07/britbox-uk-networks-plan-to-tackle-netflix-amazon-and-apple-tv
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.