Korat-Farang.com

PC sins - who decides ?

Roger · 39 · 1330

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Hector - it sounds interesting. Can you give us a link instead ?

More on the Etihad incident . . .

"Jake Hepple posted an image of the plane on Facebook yesterday and wrote: 'I'd like to take this time to apologise... to absolutely f***ing nobody! It's now apparently racist to say White Lives Matter, the day after three white people got murdered in a park in Reading, but all we've seen on the TV is Black Lives Matter after George Floyd got murdered. What a mad world we live in."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8452581/No-crime-committed-White-Lives-Matter-banner-flown-Ethiad-stadium-police-say.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:09:29 PM by Roger »
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Hey Dam - beautifully argued  ;)  wish it was that simple M8  8)
Me - I'm leftish, BLM, WLM and ALM.

Freedom of expression is already eroded by this hysterical new 'McCarthyism". It's this extreme now - "The Burnley football fan behind the White Lives Matter banner above the Etihad stadium has been sacked from his job at an engineering firm. Jake Hepple, 24, was dismissed from his role as a welder at Lancashire-based Paradigm Precision this afternoon, with the company saying it 'did not condone or tolerate racism in any form'."

This is f*cking OUTRAGEOUS and I hope Mr Hepple takes Paradigm Precision to Industrial Tribunal AND makes them pay through the nose. What the hell has Mr Hepple's WLM view to do with his employment ? Admittedly we know where Mr Hepple was coming from with his gesture BUT his message is not illegal and neither is his membership of the EDL - such PC overdose is propagating racism IMO.

Hepple's earlier comment - "It's now apparently racist to say White Lives Matter, the day after three white people got murdered in a park in Reading". He has a point  ???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8454627/Burnley-fan-White-Lives-Matter-banner-reveals-60-people-organised-stunt.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 08:01:43 AM by Roger »
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Bubba quickly jumped on the racism bandwagon about a noose shaped door pull in a garage he'd only been in for a week - it's been there 'forever'. After apologising at first he's still trying to push the race message - stop digging Bubba. You are NOT helping.  ;)

"Wallace had thanked the FBI for investigating what was reported to be a noose hanging from his garage stall over the weekend, saying he's relieved, and admittedly embarrassed, that it turned out to be an innocent door pull rather than a racist symbol. Wallace, the only top NASCAR driver who is black, had recently successfully pushed the series to ban the Confederate flag at its venues, leaving fears that the noose had been placed by an angered fan to target the 26-year-old."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8457165/Bubba-Wallace-describes-24-hours-just-short-pure-hell.html

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Further to Jake Hepple's sacking....WTF !!!!

Burnley supporter Jake Hepple, 24, was dismissed from Lancashire-based Paradigm Precision on Wednesday.

According to Sky News sports correspondent Martha Kelner, his girlfriend has also had her employment terminated in relation to posts she made on social
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
 The company might argue that he brought the company into disrepute if he used work time to organise what he did, or because of the media coverage, they do not wish to be associated with his views, I can see the lawyers debating that one. But if he was actually dismissed because of racism, he should sue them. They haven't a leg to stand on.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Hi Caller - If Hepple used worktime to organise it IMO that would have been a first step in the disciplinary process, a 'First Official Warning' but not warranting a dismissal. Agreed it's embarassing for the Company but that's not grounds.

Jivvy I heard his GF had been suspended because of some 'racist' tweets . . .

BLM/WLM/ALM

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Caller - If Hepple used worktime to organise it IMO that would have been a first step in the disciplinary process, a 'First Official Warning' but not warranting a dismissal.

When I worked in local government. It would be deemed gross misconduct and straight dismissal. I dealt with a few. Mainly to do with the circulation of innapropiate material and on occasion being sent to 3rd parties via council emails.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Caller, it may depend on whether Hepple has publicised 'Paradigm' himself but otherwise, unless Hepple used Paradigm's resources to organise/communicate this venture, he can surely sue for 'wrongful dismissal'. Even if Paradigm pay PILON Hepple can IMO, still sue for wrongful dismissal and probably win. It's not as if Hepple was Sales Director or PR Director - his private views within the Law are his own business.

Paradigm would have been better to just dissociate themselves quietly from the private views of just one Employee . . .

https://www.gov.uk/taking-disciplinary-action
https://www.peninsulagrouplimited.com/guides/summary-dismissal/

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
The World is going quite MAD and so am I   >:(

""Asked if there had to be rethink on the white image of Jesus, Welby said: “Yes of course it does, this sense that God was white … You go into churches [around the world] and you don’t see a white Jesus. “You see a black Jesus, a Chinese Jesus, a Middle-Eastern Jesus – which is of course the most accurate – you see a Fijian Jesus.”" https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/26/church-of-england-justin-welby-white-jesus-black-lives-matter

Don't Prof's seem 10 a penny these days ? "Professor Priyamvada Gopal, a fellow of Churchill College, sparked a backlash after she posted the tweet saying: “I’ll say it again. White Lives Don’t Matter. As white lives.”" Now I'm sure she means something 'deeper' by that in which case, she should have explained further. One cannot possibly approve of this tweet in reply “Why would you want to abolish whiteness anyway, we’ve given you everything you own, without us you’d still be chasing Bush meat with a blowpipe.” Ouch ! That's a classic but wholly deplorable of course. https://uk.yahoo.com/news/cambridge-professor-white-lives-twitter-110355066.html

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
No surprise - Prof. David Starkey in trouble . . .

Speaking via video link from his home, the historian said "'the only reason that these young black protestors are here' is 'because of slavery'.  He added: 'Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain, would there? An awful lot of them survived'."

In the normal sense of the word, slavery was not genocide was it ? The purpose was not to kill but to use. Of course many died and slavery was totally evil, but if the Prof. hadn't said 'damn' here, would've been better   ::)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8487043/Dr-David-Starkey-sacked-professor-role-Canterbury-quits-fellowship-Cambridge.html   

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Twitter driven McCarthyism finds many targets these days - J K Rowling and 'trans' comment. IMO an excellent article :-

". . . we have been treated to the unedifying spectacle of the writer J K Rowling being accused of wanting to hurt trans people and, in the last couple of days, of “harmfully” criticising the over-use of opposite-sex hormones by making a parallel with the over-prescription of anti-depressants. I, and many others I’m sure, happen to agree with Rowling – non-invasive ways (talking, getting fit, acceptance) of addressing unhappiness of body and mind are always preferable to medicalisation, not least because the side-effects of prescription drugs are often unknown. But whether you agree with Rowling or not is not the point. She has, by any understanding of the principle of charity, been painfully clear and careful in the way she has outlined her thoughts. She gave reasons. A discussion should be possible." and . .

. . . "Bravery is in short supply, and many people have a lot to lose: but how much more we will have lost when we can all no longer think, and feel, at all."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/news/jk-rowlings-treatment-grim-sign-twitter-mobs-have-poisoned-cultural/

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Wolverhampton Wanderers have been urged to drop their "Wolves" nickname after a strong response from the sheep lobby citing continual and historical violence against and murder of members  their species.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
That's right TW -  an age old nickname is for the chop  ;)  A hefty fine from the EPL is certain. But I understand that after 56 seasons  'Wandering' around Tiers 2, 3 and 4, being called the 'Wanderers' is thought to be acceptable for the future.

My own TUFC are also falling foul of this long overdue purge - no longer to be known as the 'Gulls' apparently, due to the shocking predominance of whites among that population. TUFC are also known as the 'Yellows', (as used in the mellifluous 'Come on you Yellows' by me and 3 others), but quite rightly, there is also a wish not to offend our Chinese friends so, we are, at TUFC, quite at a loss   :-[  But WE are used to losing   :'( 

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
In this case Police Constables in the PC UK.

It seems that the UK Police are often rendered impotent by regulation, procedure and human rights these days. Constantly reading that it might take a week for them to visit a crime scene after even a serious robbery, rapes and sexual assaults allegations not being pursued etc. etc., it seems that it is below their paygrade to tackle CV-19 matters too.

Seeing reports that there were 500 illegal raves in the UK last weekend, football celebrations, riots in Brixton but the Police apparently, often find they can't intervene. Why's that ? Now the Police claim they can't help to enforce mandatory wearing of face masks. What has happened - has a sub-culture taken over in Britain?

Surely a PC can occasionally stand at the door of a shop to make the point or at least respond to beleagured shop staff seeking help.

As for those who object to wearing a mask - the UK is fighting a pandemic and if that's the advice, follow it in good nature please, for the benefit of your Country.  8)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Us Brits love this old anthem but really, some of the words seem more than a bit silly in today's World. The question is, has the BBC banned 'Hope and Glory' because of PC concerns or because of the very valid matter of NOT exhaling CV-19 virus in glorious bellows ?

Here's the article - ( + great cartoon on the DT front page atm https://www.telegraph.co.uk/ )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/24/axeing-rule-britannia-bbc-proms-would-erase-history-culture/

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Well said Boris!!!!!!!
Boris Johnson has accused the BBC of “wetness” for removing the lyrics of Rule, Britannia! at the Last Night of the Proms.

The prime minister criticised the corporation for its decision to have the anthem, along with Land Of Hope And Glory, performed without its words.

The move comes in the face of criticism that the traditional anthems’ lyrics contain references to colonialism and slavery.

On Tuesday, Johnson said: "I think it's time we stopped our cringing embarrassment about our history, about our traditions and about our culture.
"And we stop this general bout of self-recrimination and wetness.”

In an interview during a visit to a shipyard in Devon, Johnson said: “They're trying to restrain me from saying this.”

He added: "I wanted to get that off my chest".
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Good post Jivvy - on 'The World Tonight, (R4), the BBC were trying to escape responsibility for this 'wokeness' by pretending it was fake news, as there was to be NO audience in the Royal Albert Hall anyway. That's trite and dishonest of the BBC   ::)

There's nothing to stop a Vocalist singing for the broadcast is there?  ::)

Except the BBC's 'wokeness'. Shameful - Boris is right    ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:02:20 AM by Roger »

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum