Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: freight forwarder needed  (Read 299 times)

rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
freight forwarder needed
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:53:27 PM »

I want to order some furniture from China and they are asking if I have a local forwarder. Does anyone have any experience with a forwarder they can share as I am in the dark. Nothing new there. :)

Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Re: freight forwarder needed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 03:30:51 PM »

I want to order some furniture from China and they are asking if I have a local forwarder. Does anyone have any experience with a forwarder they can share as I am in the dark. Nothing new there. :)

RDRO, try sending a PM to Slimeball. He may have some ideas.

rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »

Going to try Shipbuddy. They have a location in Guangzhou and will get the box from China through customs in Bangkok and then I will get a local shipper to bring it from Bangkok to Korat. Total cost to Bangkok 13,000 baht. The box weighs 185 kilos and contains my new bar for my man cave. Made of steel and wood. It is really a piece of Steampunk art. Would probably cost me around $5,000 US if I bough one stateside or even find one. Cost $864 US through the manufacture. Thanks to Simon for educating me on forwarders.

Kev

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 11:33:32 AM »

Now that is a one of a kind stand out bar LOL  ;D

Hector

• Golfers in Korat
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 02:45:27 PM »

In the 20 odd years I have been here I have always used what is now Allied Pickfords Thailand, run by a Brit called Michael Ellis with a first class and helpful staff.  Never had a problem and have always left everything to them, especially any tea money, which I didn't know about if it was paid.  I have normally gone to his office to collect stuff, although he has delivered non once occasion, which I found a bit pricey.  If you are interested PM me and I'll give you his details.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 02:49:23 PM »

RDRO - I think you should have a 'mancave opening day' for K-F's to inaugurate your new Bar  :D  Whadda u say  ;)  Looks special. ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 10:46:13 AM »

RDRO - I think you should have a 'mancave opening day' for K-F's to inaugurate your new Bar  :D  Whadda u say  ;)  Looks special. ATB

Sounds like a good idea. I'm still in the building stage. Trying to get neon signs from the US shipped here is becoming a real chore.
Pages: [1]