Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: KLANG PLAZA 2 CLOSING END OF APRIL  (Read 343 times)

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
KLANG PLAZA 2 CLOSING END OF APRIL
« on: April 09, 2019, 06:30:08 PM »

I heard this today is it true??
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re: KLANG PLAZA 2 CLOSING END OF APRIL
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 02:19:12 PM »

Nookie it seems no one knows - which might explain why Klang 2 could be closing ?

I think another Klang Plaza was under way and abandoned a few years ago.

Too many 'Malls' in Korat IMO  8)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Robert

• KFers in Korat
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 04:06:24 PM »

Nookie it seems no one knows - which might explain why Klang 2 could be closing ?

I think another Klang Plaza was under way and abandoned a few years ago.

The other Klang was called Klang Station but they run out of money so never completed.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »

I can remember the owner of Klang Plaza saying that he was not worried about the likes of Central and Terminal 21 opening in Korat because he felt that there's enough room for ten shopping malls in Korat. I wonder if he still thinks the same.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 07:17:19 AM »

And there is still the new Robinsons to be opened??
Was in T21 yesterday 11-00 am ,so bloody quiet!!
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

KiwiCanadian

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 08:31:24 AM »

T21 was not so bad a 16:30 yesterday
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 09:35:07 PM »

Still no one knows if Klang Plaza 2 is to close . . . . ?
I wouldn't be surprised if it did but  ::)

Same same problem in the UK  ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/20/great-place-to-live-hipster-cathedrals

Shopping Malls  :o
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »

So I wonder, did Klang Plaza 2 close at the end of April ?

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 11:37:45 PM »

I heard this today is it true??

The rumour is out about Klang Plaza 2, but none knows when. For sure it is struggling and already reduced much of the shopping surface.

What did close towards the end of last month was the Tops supermarket small branch inside Save One. Premises currently empty (I passed by today).

Another supermarket I expect to be shutting down any day is the so-called "Tesco Lotus West", i.e. the small branch (but bigger than a Tesco Lotus Express) located in Suebsiri area: I find it almost totally deserted each time I enter since after opening of the new Big C not so far away, while Tesco Lotus' hateful management ways aren't helping attracting customers in there, either. They shut down the cooking corner since a long time (no more ready-made food of any kind), they emptied a whole raw of freezers, downsized the fresh food sections, etc.

The main Tesco-Lotus supermarket on Mitthapap isn't doing much better anyway, as it keeps rolling down the descending path. Among other general misbehaviour, tonight in the bakery department they were trying to sell out already expired sliced bread without informing people about it (not everybody is sceptical enough to check each single item with his own eyes), and not at a symbolic price. More and more often I see expired products on sale in a deceptive way at the main Tesco Lotus on Mitthapap: for example, mixed up with other identical products that are only approaching expiry date, thus discounted for example a tiny 20%. They clearly try cheating people on purpose over there, behaving like the pettiest of street vendors. Surely the staff is being trained to do so. Not to mention about waiting lines at the cashiers all the time, being by far the worst service in the whole city; and so on and so on... Alas, what an awful supermarket it has turned into over the years.
Village idiots unwelcome here
Pages: [1]