Korat-Farang.com

tape to Cd or USB.

Hector · 5 · 279

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
I have just come across an old reel to reel audio tape that I would like to transfer to a USB drive  (or maybe a CD.  Either way I would like to have the content to hand).  I have a small device to transfer compact tapes, but not a reel to reel one at a recorded speed of 7.5 ips.  Anyone got any ideas?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hector - there is surely someone in the UK that could do this ? How heavy is it ? I've seen record decks for sale that transfer the sound to a stick - maybe unlikely you can get the same for the long gone reel to reel function . . . ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
There are a number of companies that can do this in the UK, and on balance you might be better served by packaging it and posting it to the UK for transfer (what you lose in postage costs may well balance against the exchange rate difference!), see http://www.audioreunited.co.uk/r2r.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjwnMTqBRAzEiwAEF3ndiyrBga_ZWFBIwAu0ZgOrGZElyneczdXkZJv9bKJaitbfaJ-OLsHDRoCXdoQAvD_BwE for example.

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat