Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: He's got my password . . . . ?  (Read 192 times)

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
He's got my password . . . . ?
« on: May 03, 2019, 08:58:17 AM »

Hi Guys, any thoughts on this or what I should do :-\  This intruder HAS found one of my passwords among several I use - the one he has doesn't get to my Bank etc. Cheeky *uck ! He's overplayed this, ''I can even turn your webcam and microphone on.'' (I don't have these  ;)
So the 'masTRUbating is off target  ::)   LOL

''Hello, I know your password: ********* I infected your computer with my private malware some time ago. It gave me full control over your computer, all your contacts and accounts, I can even turn your webcam and microphone on.

I collected all your private pictures, videos, contacts, everything! I MADE A VIDEO showing you (through your webcam) WHILE MASTRUBATING!!!

What you think will happen, if everyone of your contacts, on social network, and everyone else will see all your private stuff togheter with my recorded videos of you?! I think your life won't be the same ever again!

I give you the chance to pay me 800$ with bitcoin. If you don't know where to buy them - Google "Where to buy bitcoin?" Your wallet to receive and send bitcoin, you can create here (DELETED BY ROGER)

Copy and paste my wallet, it is (cAsE - sensetive). You know this all isn't a joke! You have 3 days time to get the bitcoins and pay me. After payment, I will remove everything and you can live your life in peace like before..
.''

It's nasty stuff isn't it ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
Re: He's got my password . . . . ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »

Sounds like spam to me. I see alot of those types of emails in my spam filter. None of them have any of my passwords.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »

RDRO - he's got my password. I'm doing some changes  :(
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »

This is a total scam Roger: the message is generated by a bot, and it is possible they have your password from one of the many bulk data hacks that have happened over the years. But I agree, it is nasty stuff.

I've had my credit card cloned, and spent a hour or so unraveling the chaos yesterday. The first I knew was when they said I'd gone over my limit, so I phoned the fraud department. There were literally thousands of pounds worth of transactions, mainly with iTunes and Apple but also with Deliveroo, Uber, some randon pizza shop. At first they tried to make me do the work ("have you ever had an iTunes account? You'll need to phone them....") but I was having none of that and stuck to my guns. Eventually they backed down and conceded it was a fraud. So the card is cancelled and the transactions reimbursed. It's the reason I have more than one card, and only go out in the evening with a prepaid debit card linked to an app on my mobile that alerts me to every transaction.

Interestingly the fraudsters knew the card would work by setting up subscriptions to places like Amazon for small amounts. As soon as these worked, away they went.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 05:22:26 PM »

Thanks CK - looks like you handled that expertly.

No damage to report here, yet, but I'll get some more security asap.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »

Well I didn't pay the Bitcoins  ;)  . . . all is well atm with new passwords in place.
Pages: [1]