Korat-Farang.com

M-Pass Follies

Guest · 2 · 873

Ratsima

My wife and I regularly drive between Korat and Cha Am. I decided it would be a good idea to get an M-Pass in order to avoid the lines at the toll plazas along the way. Well, until recently it hasn't been that easy to get one, but now you can order one online from KTB. Mine arrived in about ten days.

It comes with a Motorway branded cash card but no explanation of what this cash card is for. My wife and I both did a lot of searching but could never find out how to use the cash card with the M-Pass. She finally called and found out that the cash card is just that; a cash card that has nothing to do with the M-Pass. You can top it up and use it the same way you'd use any other cash card.

The M-Pass website says that you can check your M-Pass balance at: http://www.thaim-pass.com/. Unfortunately, that's not quite true. I tried multiple times and could never figure out how to check the balance. It turns out that you can check your balance on the website only after you've actually used the M-Pass to pay a toll. However, the M-Pass smartphone app displays your balance even if you haven't yet used it.

The M-Pass website encourages you to sign up for Auto Top-Up. I tried like heck for a long time to figure out how to do this. I tried the KTB smartphone app, the KTB website, etc. Couldn't find it. I finally called their customer support line. The lady had no idea what I was talking about and said that there is no Auto Top-Up. You just have to check your balance and top it up yourself when the balance is low.

Welcome to Thailand 4.0.

Image from the M-Pass website
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:29:29 AM by Ratsima »

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures