Korat-Farang.com

Premier League and other football chat - 2019-2020

Roger · 6 · 403

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
And they're off ! An impressive Liverpool victory against Norwich putting context to their brilliant promo season - ''Norwich started with eight of the players who began the last game of their Championship winning campaign''. I wonder if that faith will pay off for Norwich through the season ?

Let's see how Man City do without Kompany and with Mahrez playing more in Sane's absence. Big spenders again.

Man Utd lose the difficult Lukaku and keep the difficult Pogba - pundits saying Utd are very thin in midfield but have 7 senior centre backs on the books  :o  I hope flying Daniel James does well. OGS putting faith in youngsters and it'd be great to see that workout - but a poor start will see the vultures circling again.

I'm guessing Chelsea will do well with Lampard at the helm - top Guy IMO. CFC to beat Man Utd ?

Spurs have made some canny signings and Arsenal seem to have done sharp business. Disturbing news that Ozil and Kolazinac are not in the squad for Newcastle for 'security reasons'   :o  WHAT is going on there ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
If it should be raining up there, spend 2 minutes watching Don Rogers and Crystal Palace beat Man Utd 5-0 in 1972 - what an amazing Player he was . . .

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=don+rogers+crystal+palace#id=1&vid=f6b545a32b9a5c2613397cdc45d2e9eb&action=click
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:46:25 PM by Roger »
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
From my dear ole' Torquay United there's been a few fine centre backs go up the Leagues (we get lots of practice defending) - I recall Matthew Elliot (Leicester and Scotland), Darren Moore (West Brom etc), Mike Williamson (Southampton and Newcastle) and latterly, Angus McDonald who went to Hull City via Barnsley.

He hasn't quite set the football world alight but having just recovered from DVT after a year off, he has been diagnosed with bowel cancer - just 26 years old. Wishing you all the best Angus . . .
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:50:35 PM by Roger »

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
If it should be raining up there, spend 2 minutes watching Don Rogers and Crystal Palace beat Man Utd 5-0 in 1972 - what an amazing Player he was . . .

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=don+rogers+crystal+palace#id=1&vid=f6b545a32b9a5c2613397cdc45d2e9eb&action=click

Charlie Cooke was in the team as well! Great clip. Rogers ball control on those pitches was something else!

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Caller - I freely admit Don Rogers is my hero  8)   Saw his first game for Swindon Reserves when he was 16 - autograph and all   ;)   Once saw him take Peter Rodriguez (Leicester and Wales) from corner flag area diagonal to the other end, back to the penalty area to slot it in, evading numerous tackles on the way !

This prog shows the 1969 defeat of Arsenal at a ploughed Wembley but at 19.40 secs, there's a better look at that Man Utd game. He could have scored a few more that day !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbmZCPBn4dw

And 'Goal of the season' 1973

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=don+rogers+youtube#id=2&vid=483f93feab66a4ecd52f82f7bffa9fab&action=click

Magic !

Online Teessider

• No metropolis without Ironopolis
The new goalkick rule is causing havoc at top clubs. Both Man City and Arsenal concede goals trying to play out from a goal kick while being pressed. Occasionally it might be better to just hoof it up the pitch especially as this will bypass half the opposition.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal