Korat-Farang.com

Britain's Royals - Andrew

Roger · 28 · 1102

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Solid Member
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
But what about his share at the Royal Feeding Trough? His net worth is estimated at £31m, which is surprising given his Ribbon-cutting Duties pay him £270k p.a. Handily he knows a number of murky Eastern Europeans prepared to pay excessive amount for his stuff (house etc.). They may be less keen now he's toxic. Interesting that he likes the shifty types.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Apparently he will still attend events such as Rememberence Sunday with the Royal Family, what an insult to the heros of the armed services.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Just reflecting - what an irreplaceable privilege it is, for the Media and ourselves to be able to call UK Royalty to task, as openly as has happened recently   8)

But  >:(

"Pitch@Palace’s major sponsors – including Barclays – are furious that the Duke declined to resign, while other backers including KPMG, Standard Chartered and Bosch have already pulled out of funding the enterprise."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2019/11/21/prince-andrew-refuses-give-pitchpalace-emerges-can-take-cut/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:37:54 AM by Roger »
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Looking ahead
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Prince Andrew still didn't geddit  :o

He seemed to think that this week's 'sea change' was a temporary reversal - slipping off to Bahrain on a Pitch@Palace jolly.

NOT so fast Andy !

"The Duke of York has stepped down from his role at the start-up competition Pitch@Palace. The event will now continue without any royal involvement, sources said. The series of events will now be known simply as “Pitch” . . . "

"the Duke has now stepped down from the helm of the scheme he founded in 2014 following pressure from sponsors. . . . Last night, the Duke cancelled a planned trip to Bahrain for a Pitch@Palace event amid the furore."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/11/22/prince-andrew-steps-pitchpalace-role/

Jivvy - brilliant  ;D
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
(What an irreplaceable privilege it is, for the Media and ourselves, to be able to call UK Royalty to task as we do   ;)   )

I noticed an article in the DT yesterday (but I can't find it now), mooting that whatever we think about Prince Andrew's shenanigans, he's not Jimmy Saville  ???

IMO fair enough to point that out - it's really Andrew's sheer stupidity that riles me - the 4 day visit to Epstein just bizarre. Yes he's behaved like a sleazebag par excellence, no doubt, but looking at the Victoria matter, the Lady was of age at 17 (broadly) and he was 41 (?), not an unfamiliar age difference. Though Victoria now claims she was 'forced' by Epstein (re Andrew), she was around Epstein's world for some time and to an extent, unless she was super naive, was complicit  to some extent in these matters, for the money and glamorous life she looks to be enjoying in those photos.

This brings Britain's Royal Family into disrepute of course and myself, I don't want to see Andrew on Royal duties again and don't want to pay for his lifestyle either.

But as Prince Charles and the Queen reflect on Andrew's fate, I wonder if Charles' own alleged adultery with Mrs Parker Bowles during his marriage to Princess Diana will be kept in mind. Our King to be one day does not come without question marks about his own probity.

There may be much more to come and as a Brit, I hope it leaves Andrew firmly in the 'sleazebag' rather than the 'Saville' category. Meantime, Tristan da Cunha beckons ?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Andrew is toast  ::) 

But returning to this point - "Though Victoria now claims she was 'forced' by Epstein (re Andrew), she was around Epstein's world for some time and to an extent, unless she was super naive, was complicit  to some extent in these matters, for the money and glamorous life she looks to be enjoying in those photos."

Although Victoria claims to have been 'trafficked' one has to wonder if she was going along with the Epstein life, for the glamour and money. Living in regrets now maybe, one wonders again if she's trying to make some more money.

I'd guess there's more to come about Andrew's behaviour which at the moment is in the sleazey and untruthful category but has not yet become criminal   ???

Andrew's 'Royal' life is surely over now.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Well done to the British Royal Family - by all accounts, the handling of this wedding in times of CV-19 (and Prince Andrew's woes), seems to have been immaculate. I imagine that Dominic Cummings was not asked for advice. Let's wish the happy couple well and thank fortune that the usual bullshoot on these occasions was avoided :-

"It was, by any measure, a royal wedding like no other. On the side of tradition, there was the beaming couple, a chapel laden with flowers, and the bride’s beloved grandparents at its heart. In almost every other respect, the wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi was unrecognisable as a Great British Royal Wedding of the modern era."

A lovely picture of the Couple and the Queen and Prince Philip - socially distanced of course  ;)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/07/18/inside-princess-beatrices-low-key-wedding-guests-banned-singing/