Korat-Farang.com

Weather: Korat Sky Cam

Guest · 8 · 236

Ratsima

I finally got around to putting up a webcam that faces the sky, more or less. The camera is an old and not-very-good Logitech camera that was designed for indoor conferences, not for outdoors. Sometimes it doesn't focus very well. I may replace it with something better. The software, which is just a bunch of shell scripts, runs on a very old Raspberry Pi.

Here's the link: Korat Sky Cam

Here's the current image:

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Nice one.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Mike, I've managed to inherit a large (12") telescope. I have no idea what to do with it; it is missing some parts. but it is a proper piece of kit! It is much taller than no.1 daughter. How dark are the skies around you? We have very dark skies here, and all the streetlights are being changed to LEDs in the towns. We get more light pollution from the UK nearly 70 miles away... The worst offender is Sellafield, the nuclear plant......More lights than you can believe.

Ratsima

Skies are not dark here at all. Too close to Korat and the highways.

I have a telescope at my condo in Cha Am, but it’s useless due to light pollution.

One of my favorite things about live abroad scuba boats is getting up long before dawn and watching the night sky. Spectacular out at sea.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Thanks Ratsima that is great.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks Ratsima - you've got some rain at last ?

In Chantaburi it's been raining most days for 4 months or more now. I was at Laem Sing yesterday, drinking a B20 iced coffee on the beach with a Pal and the wind was howling in from the sea - I would say Beaufort scale 5 at least touching 6 or more - it was a fast ride back  ;)

Here comes the rain again as I write ! Can't hear 'The World Tonight' now !
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Ratsima

I also have a webcam at my condo in Cha Am.

Cha Am Cam

Here's the current image:

I often gaze at that and wish I were there instead of here.  :'(

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
So do I now M8   ;D

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein