Korat-Farang.com

Toyota Hi Lux 4 door Vigo 2.4 turbo

Roger · 8 · 383

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I'm thinking of selling my Vigo - 250 k km 2010

This car is in great condition, goes like a rocket and has not had 'loaded' use.

Inside it's as good as new. I wonder what it might be worth and am seeking ideas please.

The plan is to get a small car with the proceeds - (my Missis drove for 7 years in England but refuses to drive the truck at all  >:( ).  For myself I'd like to keep it forever   :'(
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Think twice about a smaller "non truck" vehicle Roger.  Saloons do not cope well with rough roads and floods.  Also the high driving position is an advantage of a truck.  I recently dove a small nissan saloon and was horrified with its drivability compared to my Ranger!!
Finally just imagine how a saloon would cope in a collision with a truck.
If you decide to sell, put it on Bahtsold.  I sold my mate's vigo within a day with some decent photos and a decent description.  If you need any help posting on bahtsold drop me an email.
Not much idea on price,  my guess would be 270-300k

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Just my opinion Roger, but I have to disagree with TW.  I have both a pick-up and a saloon, the last two being a Nissan Teana I drove for some 300,000 km and currently a Honda Civic on just over 50,000 km.  I have driven all my vehicles long distances in this country and reckon that pickup's suspension, brakes, tyres, shock absorbers etc wear out in about the same time frame as those of a saloon.  As for accident safety, I have seen some really mangled pickups in repair shops, so don't think you are necessarily safer in one.  Yes, height is a plus, I agree.  But the big plus for a saloon is its economy as most of them now run on E85 and get 13-16 km/L.  There is also the added bonus that the wife prefers to drive it.  I need a pick-up but I wouldn't have one if I didn't.  Go for the saloon and ditch the Vigo.  BTW if you can find a farang (or a Thai) who wants it you'll do better than selling it on the net.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
TW I take your point and have always valued my truck for those reasons - at the same time as lusting after a Camry   ;)   I may ask for help with Bahtsold when the time comes. Thanks.

Hector thanks to you too - I'd guess your Civic is a good vehicle if unrecognisable against the 22 year old one I have in the UK. (Just 70 K miles and runs like a dream but NO a/c !)

Thanks again both. The Vigo has new tyres and has alway been maintained copiously. Anyone else any ideas on what it might fetch ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
What year is your truck? I took a look on One2car and there are no 2.4 liter Toyota trucks. There are 2.5, 2.7 and 3.0.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/toyota/hilux-vigo

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Some good points Hector, most of my driving is on rural roads,  a saloon just would not hack it.  Get fed up having to pass saloons which of necessity have to slow down for the bumps!!!

Roger my comments pertained to your mention of a "small car", the Camry is a large, well engineered and safe car.  If most of your driving is on motorways and good road surfaces,  it would be fine.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi RDRO - the Vigo 2010 - 'PreRunner' - D4D - the engine is 2494 cc turbo.

Thanks for linking that website.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
Hi RDRO - the Vigo 2010 - 'PreRunner' - D4D - the engine is 2494 cc turbo.

Thanks for linking that website.
You're welcome. They refer to your engine as a 2.5 liter.