Korat-Farang.com

RU World Cup

dam12641 · 8 · 792

Online dam12641

Unsurprised by the BBC Sport reaction to England.
England 35, Tonga: 3.

BBC headline? "England start world cup with scrappy win".

Now if the same match/result had been played by Wales/Scotland/Ireland the headline might likely have been:
"Celtic passion brushes aside S Pacific minnows"
or by one of the others:
"NZ/Aus/SA/France crush Tonga".

But, because it is England, 35:3 is a "scrappy win".

Why do the BBC hate England/the English so much?
(that was rhetorical)

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
I carry no torch for the BBC, but such comments on England's recent performance against Tonga are not confined to them:
... run of the mill victory.... the tameness of England's 4 try win.... Indy.
....fitful failings.....  error packed start.... fell far short of fantastic.... D Tel.
England were scrappy....  can hardly blame the streams of neutral supporters who streamed through the exits well before full-time.  Guardian.
....disappointing performance.... D Express.
and so on............  Still, I am glad they won!

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
It's quite interesting you make that comment  dam12641, as being an avid Welsh rugby supporter all my life I have the same view of the bias the BBC show against Wales most of the time, so maybe it is just the BBC cannot actually say anything good about the teams we support...........or is that just our interpretation!

Anyway a good start by both teams and it is just the start so nerves will be playing a huge part in the first games.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
GOOD LUCK to ENGLAND in today's World Cup Final - we could have the Cricket AND Rugby World Cups in the same year as BREXIT - almost. Well done Boris !

Enjoy the game . . . .
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
As a proud Welshman I too wish England all the best for today and sincerley hope they win today as they truly deserve it.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Cheers SFS that's vg of you  :)

I'm sure Hector, Dam, TW and many others will be watching . . . .

ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
It's on PPTV Channel 36