Korat-Farang.com

UK General Election 2019 predictions

Roger · 32 · 788

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I'm sure TW won't mind me mentioning he has predicted a 'hung' Parliament ?

I'll punt for a Tory overall majority of 20 seats . . .

Anyone else ? Non-UK Citizens welcome too  8)

Let's see who get's closest  ;)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Pompui

I was going to say hung parliament as well, or at least they should be for not carrying out what the majority of people voted for.
Live like you are dying

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
I think Boris might pull it off and get a decent majority: Labour may suffer at the hands of the LibDems, SNP etc. and there are plenty of traditional Labour supporters who will never vote for Beardie Weirdie for his well-documented past exploits. I think people are also much wiser to the digital influencing tactics used by Momentum via Facebook etc. Boris won't repeat the mistakes of Teresa May and work on assumptions; he will keep his powder dry and really let rip in the last couple of weeks. If he wins with a good majority Corbyn will be gone by Christmas. Is David Miliband standing? Interesting if he does - he could be the only realistic hope for Labour as a centrist party able to be a disciplined opposition and future government.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Come on then CK - put a figure on it - overall majority ?   ;)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Dam. Oh Joy !!!    ;D

Robert, Anton and others ?

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
I predict a Tory majority around 50.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online dam12641

On sober reflection I'm changing my mind!
If there are Brexit candidates in the Labour seats where are the Tory gains going to come from?
I think this is a bid by Nige to hold the balance of power.

So I'll change my prediction to: a majority of 20 for a Brexit/Tory alliance.

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
After Farage's latest statements, I predict a Tory majority of 60

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
    • Pix Isaan
Come on then CK - put a figure on it - overall majority ?   ;)

I'll go for a big number; 80+

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Wow, I hope you guys are right. Farage's decision today will certainly not harm the Tories!!!

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
So far . . .

TW         - hung
Pompui - hung

Dam - well hung - Tory/Brexit coalition giving 20

Roger - 20

SFS - 50

Hector - 60

CK - 80

Any more bids ?

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
    • Pix Isaan
So far . . .

TW         - hung
Pompui - hung

Dam - well hung - Tory/Brexit coalition giving 20

Roger - 20

SFS - 50

Hector - 60

CK - 80

Any more bids ?

I think Dam's revised his prediction Roger, and is now on 82

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
CK not so with respect - maybe you were going the wrong way on the page   ;)

Dam Reply 5 was 82 and Reply 8 was 20

E & O E accepted of course - could be the 'power of my Tirak' - Chiang that is  ;)  ATB

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
    • Pix Isaan
CK not so with respect - maybe you were going the wrong way on the page   ;)

Dam Reply 5 was 82 and Reply 8 was 20

E & O E accepted of course - could be the 'power of my Tirak' - Chiang that is  ;)  ATB

Ha! You're right Roger! I knew I'd seen 82 somewhere but did exactly what you said and went to find the entry rather than checking the order.

No Chiang here (thank goodness!). Can't imagine asking for ice with beer in the UK....

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi CK - having arranged my Proxy - I lately decided to have a UK Christmas and arrive on the 11th. I promise not to vote twice  ;)

BTW BA was B22,900 for my dates -  ;D

CK please make sure there's NO snow and ice for my weeks. ATB

Caller, Alfie, Derek and ALL K-F's - would be fun to have some more punts on record. (Unfortunately atm I reckon CK might be closest).

One alteration each K-F and new entries accepted until 30/11 ?
That seems fair  8)

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
I read one report today that said Boris was looking at 110 majority. I will stick with my prediction of 50 and even then have fingers crossed as there is a long gap between now and the election for disasters to happen.

Roger I hope the weather improves before you arrive, it is 3.5c here this evening blowing a gale and been raining all day. Saying that my son and his GF arrived in Venice today and he says it's a bit damp there too!
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I will stick with my prediction of 50 and even then have fingers crossed as there is a long gap between now and the election for disasters to happen.

This to me is really significant. 25 days are needed between Parliament standing down and polling day. Why they went for such a long run in is something I don't understand. Especially after what happened in 2017. However, the circumstances are very different this time. As for a prediction? No idea. Corbyn is getting a deserved kicking and no-one still really understands where they stand on Brexit. Starmers interview with Morgan was a car crash and the 'let them all in' policy isn't going down a bundle either, but there is still the Tory / Brexit split vote to worry about. So no predictions from me. 

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
IMO the Lib Dems will do well and gain many seats, but they will soon regret their burst of generosity a few weeks ago, (with Nicola Sturgeon and Labour), in voting for a General Election. A Tory overall majority will render them helpless after all the spoiling power they've enjoyed in the last Parliament.

The day they voted for the Election - I was delighted.

Caller - maybe you've seen this re Labour :-

"This could actually be it – the end of Labour. Some may scoff, pointing out that it has narrowed the gap with the Tories in some polls. But on the ground, in the heartlands, the party smells of death."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/labour-brink-seismic-wipeout-british-election-history/

And . . . .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/labours-migration-blindspot-has-lost-working-class/

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Caller - maybe you've seen this re Labour :-

"This could actually be it – the end of Labour. Some may scoff, pointing out that it has narrowed the gap with the Tories in some polls. But on the ground, in the heartlands, the party smells of death."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/labour-brink-seismic-wipeout-british-election-history/

And . . . .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/labours-migration-blindspot-has-lost-working-class/

Yes, I subscribe to The Telegraph amongst others, but they are opinion pieces, that's all. They are not blessed by some special insight. I don't really fully agree with either of them.