Korat-Farang.com

UK General Election 2019 predictions

Roger · 32 · 789

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
I tend to disagree with you Roger regarding the Lib Dems doing well, I think they will win a few seats but nothing like they think they will. They are being tripped up almost daily on some of their claims and I think Jo Swinson has shown she will do almost anything to gain power.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Caller re. Labour - a Voter talking about Labour's prospects on R4 - words to the effect that, 'up here you could stick a Labour flag on a t*rd and they'd vote for it'. So I don't fully agree with the DT pieces either but Labour seem likely to get a bad result on Nov 12th.

SFS - about Jo Swinson - she's no Thatcher that's for sure - but she's not alone in talking big in vying for power. Lib Dems seem certain to pick up a good number of 'Remainer' constituencies . . . .
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Only 7 punts on the General Election result so far . . . does this help ?

"The Conservatives have taken a commanding 19-point lead over Labour with less than three weeks to go before voters head to the polls, according to the latest Opinium poll for the Observer. The news comes as Boris Johnson launches the Tory election manifesto on Sunday, a moment seen by many Conservative MPs as the most dangerous of the campaign."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/23/tories-renewed-poll-boost-brexit-party-candidates-pull-out-opinium-observer

That's the Grauniad  ;)

So far :-

TW         - hung
Pompui - hung

Dam - well hung - Tory/Brexit coalition giving 20

Roger - 20

SFS - 50

Hector - 60

CK - 80

Any more bids ?  Changes ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Still a long way to go yet i'm sure there will be a few trip-ups before the election but I will stick with my 50 and keep everything crossed.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I guess the biggest worry for us Brit expats, is that if Labour get in and as crazy as this may sound, post Brexit, but the pound will collapse.

It will be a dead currency with all the money heading out of the UK, not inward, as needed. I think many of us will be going home. 

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Just watched Corbyn being completely humiliated by Andrew Neill. This guy is a complete fool. Can I change my prediction please !!

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
TW yes - until Midnight on 30/11   :)

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Just watched Corbyn being completely humiliated by Andrew Neill. This guy is a complete fool. Can I change my prediction please !!

A very poor showing from a party leader and wannabe prime minister.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EySXP15S8k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EySXP15S8k</a>

'You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Only joking Roger, still think there are many options and machinations to come. Still think alliance against Bojo will result in hung parliament - much to my chagrin.

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
 The best indicator for the potential victor of the General Election is the sterling Forex position.
Interestingly, the pound has not advanced significantly, suggesting that there are still fears of a Corbyn government.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi TW - just MO but the Pound is steady - fear of Brexit is balanced by optimism for a Govt with control of Parliament.  Corbyn NO way - that prospect is well hung. Over. IMHO.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Laugh a minute tonight Jivvy  ;)

Our beloved Jeremy announces the 5 worst bosses in the UK   ::)  Spot on JC

"Jeremy Corbyn has named the five companies he considers to be the UK’s “worst employers” while launching the Labour party’s manifesto on work on Tuesday. The Labour leader called out tech giants Uber (UBER) and Amazon (AMZN), supermarket Asda, sports retailer Sports Direct (SPD.L) and outsourcing firm ISS, while declaring war on “bad bosses” "

Jeremy - You just bloody forgot to put yourself at the top of that list  ;D   ;D   ;D

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/jeremy-corbyn-slams-uk-five-worst-employers-110230917.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 07:49:05 PM by Roger »