Korat-Farang.com

Looking for reliable Battery vendor

KiwiCanadian · 7 · 394

Online KiwiCanadian

I need to replace the battery in my Pajero Sport, Battery number, 95D31L.
Can anyone recommend a good vendor in the Joh Ho area. I can see a few on google but who to trust?
I would like to get a AGM (Acid Glass Matt) for the high heat resistance that seems to kill batteries here.

TIA

KC
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
KC just MO but within reason, wherever you buy a good quality battery you should be ok.

My last for the Vigo, 3 years ago, I bought at 'TyrePlus' Ayuttahaya, who were very professional. It was a GS 'Tough', maintenance free and it's been great. I paid B2950.

OE for the Vigo is 65 AH but I put in a 110 AH 
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online KiwiCanadian

Thanks Roger, I think your Vigo takes the same size OEM battery as the Pajero, or close to it, as the OEM on the Pajero is 620 CCA & like you I think going up in AH is a good idea, will shop around for one, but Ayuttahaya, is a bit far at the moment.

KC

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi KC. I think any Tyre / Battery shop (with unbroken windows) will be OK. Surely one around Jho Ho.

TyrePlus, Cockpit etc etc - some of them keep a stock of empty boxes for show but they'll bring what you want in 5 minutes. 10 minutes to fit. My previous battery was a sealed Bosch, top of the range, and I bought it at the roadside near the 'Stadium' - Toyota had quoted B4600 for maybe 60 AH and I paid B2000 for 80 AH.

OE tyres - B8000 in Toyota and B4500 elsewhere. Same OE tyre. Bridgestone Dueller.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online KiwiCanadian

Ah yes, The symptoms of a dying battery, takes a few more cranks on the first start of the day, has been doing this for the past 5 or 6 days, after running around all morning 2 days ago took it to the battery shop in the parking lot of Macro (same same  rdrokit), it passed with flying colours lol.
Yesterday took it to the Mitsy dealer for a check-up and oil change first thing in the morning, every thing good except the battery, I have the load test print out and will take it with me when I replace it. As I suspected battery is dying so will need to get one soon, I will probably go back to those guys, According to google they are A.C.T. I had good service from this place about 8 yrs ago when I first came to Thailand.
When done I will report back here.

KC

Online KiwiCanadian

New Battery installed by A.C.T. next to Makro. Got one with 90 AH rating for 3660 baht (200 baht back for the case), only took 15 min, I will see how this one goes, its a Thai GS brand.
Thanks Guys

KC