Korat-Farang.com

coronavirus knock on effects

tiggs · 27 · 1550

Offline tiggs

• KFers in Korat
Service from a distance - that's the way to do it - "Art of Coffee" shop on the first floor of Kasetsart University’s Ngam Wong Wan parking lot is using ropes to deliver drinks to customers.

pics@ nationthailand
Appeasers believe that if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will become a vegetarian.

Offline tiggs

• KFers in Korat
7-Eleven expands home delivery service amid shutdown
CP All Plc, operator of the 7-Eleven convenience store chain in Thailand, announced on Sunday (March 22), that the company will expand its food delivery service to help people deal withe Covid-19 crisis.

It aims to especially cater to people living in shutdown areas and those who want to limit social exposure and use of public transport.

“We recommend using the 7-Eleven Delivery mobile application to shop for foods and consumer products and we will deliver them to you,” the company said.

CP All is recruiting 20,000 delivery staff to be stationed at 1,500 branches of 7-Eleven nationwide that provide delivery services. “CP All will open more positions in the future as we plan to expand the delivery service to cover all branches of 7-Eleven,” the company added.

For those who are interested in becoming a part of delivery fleet, visit http://www.cpall.co.th/ for more details.

nationthailand.com
Appeasers believe that if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will become a vegetarian.

Offline tiggs

• KFers in Korat

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
An interesting comparison with things as they are here. A friend just got back from a big shop at Waitrose in Abergavenny. This is his experience:
“Wow, what fantastic discipline and anti-virus security! You  are marshalled into a queue, with 4-5 yards between each other, outside the store. As each person comes out of the store his trolley is emptied and spray-sanatised . The next person in the queue takes the trolley and goes into the store. (A maximum of 20 shoppers are allowed at any one time in our very large Waitrose store.)
Attentive staff with sanitising spray and cloths are dusting everything and everywhere continuously. When you go to the self-check-out, the screen etc and all the shopping stacking shelves are sanitised in front of you by the staff before you start pressing any icons etc. (There are now no serious shortages of any items.)
Back to the car where we disinfect the door and boot handles with sanatised hand wipes before opening. As soon as we sit down in the car, before touching anything, we sanitise our hands and the car/house keys.
We drive home, unload, hang up our outer clothes in the garden, enter the house, unpack and then hand wipe with bleach mixture all shopping, put the shopping away, put our carrier bags out in the garden, wash all house door handles and all used unloading/unpacking kitchen surfaces with bleach solution and then we wash our hands. Now, and now only, can we touch our faces.
We went for a walk up the hill to the church this morning. Not one car nor anybody passed us. Very quiet, almost weird with no traffic on the big dual carriageway below us except the odd large supermarket delivery truck.
A new way of life indeed!“

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks Hector - Waitrose being very organised and thorough   ;D  I doubt all UK Supermarkets will be the same, but good to see. ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
We went for a walk up the hill to the church this morning. Not one car nor anybody passed us. Very quiet, almost weird with no traffic on the big dual carriageway below us except the odd large supermarket delivery truck.

I went to the 7-11 at 10 o'clock last night. I was the only customer and there was only one staff member present while I was in the shop (another appeared as I left the shop). On the way to the 7-11, I only saw one other person, a man on a motorbike. On the way back home, I saw 2 other people outside another convenience shop. Nice and quiet, but definitely different.

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
No such thing as Waitrose on Teesside, I had to go to Aldi. Queue outside as limiting entry (1 in 1 out). Fairly crowded inside still but reasonably well stocked. Max of 4 of any item. Tried to used contactless to pay but over £30 so had to use chip and pin. No hand sanitisers seen in store so good job I had my own.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal