Korat-Farang.com

Curfew Starts Thursday March 26 2020

rdrokit · 7 · 183

Spursruss, demps1, Kev (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Best translation is that starting tomorrow there will be no traveling outside the city from 5pm to 8pm and no traveling at all from 8pm to 5am except for emergencies.

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Best translation is that starting tomorrow there will be no traveling outside the city from 5pm to 8pm and no traveling at all from 8pm to 5am except for emergencies.

No official curfew order until now. Also at Tesco Lotus they just told me that until now they are planning to close at 22:00 as usual.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
I saw a Thai document the said there would be a curfew but it was probably fake news. Went to Tesco JoHo yesterday and before they let you in they took your temperature and disinfected your hands with some kind of disinfection spray.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi RDRO. I read that earlier and wasn't sure if 'at home' meant inside the garden walls or staying in your town or village   ???
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Looks like curfew is coming.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/1887060/stay-home-or-face-curfew-says-defence-chief#cxrecs_s

Thanks Rdrokit. Personally, though, I interpret that the opposite way, i.e. that curfew is NOT coming... Time will tell.

Went to Tesco JoHo yesterday and before they let you in they took your temperature and disinfected your hands with some kind of disinfection spray.

Yes, like at all supermarkets since about 1 week now. At Terminal 21, when entering the basement floor that is the only floor currently open to the public, they even installed a scanner that shows your whole body's temperature on a screen. I'm talking about the entrance directly from outside when going down the external escalator, Foodland side. And once more I have to remark that at Terminal 21 they do things better than elsewhere.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Regarding travel, at the moment inter-province travel is permitted but you will probably meet a checkpoint at the provincial border where your temperature will be taken to screen for people who might have Covid19.