Korat-Farang.com

They Live Among Us!

Hector · 5 · 1395

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
On the news that Suvannabhumi was ready to open again:
Wg Cdr S........... said the number of foreign travellers had fallen considerably since the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand banned all international flights from landing in Thailand at the start of this month.
Wow, what an intellect......!

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
"Suvannabhumi was ready to open again" - that's for internal flights only ? I'm assuming that 'repatriation' flights will still have compulsory quarantining. In fairness WingCo is just observing the context is he not ?

https://www.bernama.com/en/world/news.php?id=1835634
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Sorry Roger, but the statement by the Wg Cdr is what we used to call an SGO - a Sublime Glimpse of the Obvious.  But you interpret it any way you want

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
OK  ;)  but SGO helps set the context ? My heart missed a beat when I read your post BUT I guess Thailand intends to keep the borders shut ? The idea of lotsa tourists (or health refugees) from Europe, the USA or China is NOT attractive. ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
the statement by the Wg Cdr is what we used to call an SGO - a Sublime Glimpse of the Obvious.  But you interpret it any way you want

Or as Monty Python put it, ' stating the bleedin' obvious'.