Korat-Farang.com

Real estate appraised value and tax, Nai Mueang

Anton · 3 · 204

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Not sure where else to post this one...

Today I received my first notice of yearly taxation on my condo from Korat's "Nai Mueang" municipality, 11 years after I purchased and settled in it. This notice was preceded 3 months ago by a letter from the same authority informing me about the status of my condo according to their records, and asking me to inform them in case that status had changed in the meanwhile; that is: in case I was now renting it out to someone else. I didn't reply to that letter because no reply was due if nothing had changed, which is my case.

The tax bill I received today:
- States that I'm using my condo as my own dwelling place (correct)
- Gives the official appraised value for my condo, and it is much higher than I would expect (277% the price I paid for it)
- Informs that  the tax rate is 0.02 % of the appraised value
- Gives the total to be paid accordingly

My questions:
- Did any other member here experience the same for the first time this year?
- What about the high appraised value? Should I rejoice or be sorry for it? I have no idea of how much was the appraised value when I purchased the condo 11 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:53:35 PM by Anton »
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline TJD

• Just Arrived
Been in our current house (wife's name) a few years, haven't received a tax bill beyond the one at purchase/title transfer.

About 1 or 2 years ago(?), possibly around the time Prime Minister was on a shopping spree for military gear and other things, I remember hearing property tax was an orphaned revenue stream they (the Gov) wanted to get more aggressive with.   Wife was skeptical, and I haven't heard anything since then, so your post caught my eye.  Interested to see other responses.

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
I read this post early morning and thought nothing of it.  Later when the post came my wife showed me a bill for tax on 2 rai of land we bought near Pranburi in 2013 and have paid no tax on since then.  It only some 500 Baht, but she said that a year or so ago  provincial land offices were ordered to get their land surveys in order and get people paying the tax they should pay.  Anyone interested in buying 2 rai in that area, by the way, 2.5 M Baht?