Korat-Farang.com

Bit of fun: show us your Mog

Coolkorat · 9 · 790

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Solid Member
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Bit of lighthearted fun. If you've the time and inclination, go to the Morgan PlusSix configurator and create your ideal Morgan. No prizes other than the kudos of the Best Korat Mog! The link is here

Here is my first effort:

Plus-Six-3" border="0
Plus-Six-4" border="0
Plus-Six-5" border="0
Plus-Six-6" border="0
Plus-Six-2" border="0
Plus-Six-1" border="0

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Pix Isaan

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
The real thing!  1966.  Always regretted selling it in 1975!

Online KiwiCanadian

I am a little more on the traditional side when it comes to the colour  a British sports car
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi KiwiCanadian,

before I saw your picture I also tried to create my version. Had some problems with converting xcf file to png but below what I come up with.

Plus-Six-5" border="0

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Pix Isaan
I watched a programme about Morgan a couple of days ago, and they said green is (and always has been) the most popular colour for a Morgan. 90% of Morgans made are still running, so somewhere someone is still enjoying your Morgan Hector!

Back in the late 1980's in my youth I got onto the waiting list for the Plus 8; it was an eight year wait at the time. By the time my place came up I had bought a house and couldn't afford the car! Now a Plus6 is £90k......

Online KiwiCanadian

Robert, the colour for the interior I picked was not what showed up on my thread here, computers!! My preferred colour for the upholstery when looking at what Morgan offers, would be half way between the dark tan and the Sand colour on their colour palate.

CK, I think the British Racing Green has been and always will synonyms with British sports cars. Jag's Healeys etc. I could never imagine some American lump of Iron being painted B R G! with a tan interior.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Pix Isaan
I think the British Racing Green has been and always will synonyms with British sports cars. Jag's Healeys etc. I could never imagine some American lump of Iron being painted B R G! with a tan interior.

Colour was definitely tied to country (see here)

This gives a very comprehensive table of colours. I slightly regret this has been lost: whilst I'm not remotely nationalistic and find the whole concept of F1 teams being linked to particular countries slightly bizarre given the make-up of staff and drivers but I do think having a connection makes sense in purely commercial terms; would the tifosi exist otherwise, and how much poorer would racing be without them. Ironic that the Mazda MX5 is the best small affordable "British" sports car, but then again perhaps not: the original MX5 has bloated into something different. The Porsche Cayman is the technical master. The days of enthusiast cars are going. Long live Morgan, even if they are very much a rich person's toy now.

Online KiwiCanadian

CK, Never invisioned that the colours were so imbedded in this tradition, a good bit of info there.