rdrokit · 14 · 232

Offline rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
RDRO that's shocking. The Guy he killed was a senior Policeman. No official explanation as to WHY charges have been dropped ? Questions should be asked ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Can you imagine if the guy was a common taxi driver and killed a senior policeman. The guy would either be in jail for the rest of his life or beaten to death by policemen when he was in custody.

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Yes, it's unbelievable really and the story has been all over the foreign press too.  In my opinion it's major foot shooting exercise; the police haven't given any remotely convincing details, the Attorney General - who is supposed to have OK'd the dropping of the charges - claims to know nothing about the report and the police still claim they don't know where 'Boss' is, but he "is welcome to come back to Thailand" - yeah yeah!  Frankly, the whole thing stinks, not only of incompetence, protectionism and corruption, but why now?  Why lead with the chin?  They have to have known that this decision was going to create the fury within the country that it has done.  With the student and others getting their pre-Covid 19 demonstrations together again, the timing couldn't be worse.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
HHHmmmmm. Funny how it took so long for this evidence to emerge   8)

"Prior to the crash, the victim's motorcycle, which was in the far-left lane, abruptly changed lanes. One of the witnesses who was driving a pickup truck at the middle lane had to brake and managed to swerve to the left to avoid hitting the motorcycle. According to his statement, the motorcycle then changed lanes and cut in front of the Ferrari in the far-right lane, causing the Ferrari to crash into the motorcycle."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1957891/new-witnesses-key-to-charges-being-dropped
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
HHHmmmmm. Funny how it took so long for this evidence to emerge   8)

"Prior to the crash, the victim's motorcycle, which was in the far-left lane, abruptly changed lanes. One of the witnesses who was driving a pickup truck at the middle lane had to brake and managed to swerve to the left to avoid hitting the motorcycle. According to his statement, the motorcycle then changed lanes and cut in front of the Ferrari in the far-right lane, causing the Ferrari to crash into the motorcycle."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1957891/new-witnesses-key-to-charges-being-dropped
Probably one rich witness.

Offline rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Doesn't look like is over yet. It says the 2 witnesses say he wasn't speeding. An earlier investigation looking at the impact damage on his car said the impact was at 177kph. Being in the city I would think the speed limit would be 40kph or 60kph.  At that speed even if the motorbike did change lanes the cop would not have thought he was in danger.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1958911/senator-wants-new-boss-panel

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
RDRO - I get your drift but this was one of the 'new' witnesses' who said "boss' wasn't speeding ?

Offline rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
RDRO - I get your drift but this was one of the 'new' witnesses' who said "boss' wasn't speeding ?
Yes, one of the new witnesses. They probably knew he would fold under pressure and tell the police he was a paid witness so now he can't talk and his testimony is on record.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Hi RDRO - testing that theory a little . . .

I don't think the Guy would have admitted giving false evidence to the Police as then he'd be admitting a crime. It's also unlikely that the 'Boss' crew would choose someone who'd buckle at the first hurdle. Also IF he had been given 'a staggering brown envelope' as you suggested might be the case, that staggering sum would be evident somewhere in his affairs - easy for the Police to find.

The Ferrari showed considerable damage - unlikely to have resulted from a low speed impact - they need to get more opinions on that aspect IMO.

Wherever this goes - let's hope justice is done  ;)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
The body of the deceased witness has been taken for an autopsy. If as suggested, Mr Jaruchart has been 'bumped off', for whatever reason, IMO this would have been a very strange way to arrange it.

"Jaruchart lost control of his bike and fell, hitting his head on the road. His motorcycle hit the rear of the bike driven by Mr Somchai, police said after watching CCTV footage of the accident."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1961407/body-of-key-witness-in-red-bull-scion-case-seized

Offline rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
I really don't think any justice will be the outcome. Money buys too much here in Thailand. I read where he had drugs in his system when he hit the cop. Then it said the cocaine was due to treatment at the dentist earlier in the day. I want to go to that dentist. lol