Korat-Farang.com

Travelling to Thailand

Teessider · 42 · 877

Offline EssexAl

I thiml it's probably a 'Thai village' thing. On another forum I use (not T-UK), a member there documented his experience of getting to Thailand and quarantine in a hotel in Bkk. But once he was out, he was out. He was a free man!  He didn't live in a village.

Absolutely, Caller. If I had been coming out of quarantine and into say a condo that I happened to own in Pattaya or some place else there wouldn't be any village involvement. As for the hospital guidance for "Home quarantine" - same thing. There is no app or any other way that I know of them checking up on people going home to their condo's so nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately, as "the only farang in the village" I stand out like a sore thumb!!

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
An (edited) excerpt from Thethaiger today:
“In an effort to revive the tourism industry, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says they’ve “relaxed” the criteria for issuing tourist visas allowing some foreigners to enter on a 60 day tourist visa which can be extended to a 90 day stay.
Requirements for a single entry tourist visa: first, travellers need money! Applicants need a bank account balance of at least $17,000 USD (500,000 baht) each month for the last 6 months. Applicants also need a medical certificate issued 72 hours before departure and health insurance coverage of at least $100,000 USD. The traveller must still go through a 14 day quarantine upon entering Thailand and must arrange and pay for the alternative state quarantine (ASQ) hotel at their own expense.”
One can't help wondering if Thailand is really serious about wanting tourists to return!