Korat-Farang.com

Best shops to buy laptops in Korat

Bob Mac · 16 · 696

Online Bob Mac

• Just Arrived
I'mm be shopping for a new laptop soon, any recommendations for good shops to look at? I am planning to go to The Mall and look in IT City & Banana and other shops there, but I'll appreciate other suggestions.

Offline Pompui

I usually use J.I.B in the mall or IT plaza or online for all my computer related purchases, including laptops. IT city seem to have scaled back their operations, to the point where I'd be worried about them closing altogether and Banana seem to be more concerned with selling phones more than computers nowadays.
Live like you are dying

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi,

do not know where you live but I use Advice TH branch close to Raya Grand Hotel. Very close to where I live, easy parking and friendly staff.
There is also an Advice TH in IT city. Have been to J.I.B. in The Mall also, there I bought new videocard and new computer case.

Online Bob Mac

• Just Arrived
Thanks Robert & Pompui for your replies. I didn't know about IT Plaza so will go there and look around. I live in Pak Thong Chai but have to go to Korat this Thur for an appointment at St. Mary's hospital, so I won't be far from IT Plaza.

I did want to order a laptop online from Shopee, after much research I found the model I wanted and ordered and paid for it, then about 5 days later they told me they cancelled my order as they can't get stock. I still haven't got the refund but expect it'll be back in my bank by Thur.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Thanks Robert & Pompui for your replies. I didn't know about IT Plaza so will go there and look around. I live in Pak Thong Chai but have to go to Korat this Thur for an appointment at St. Mary's hospital, so I won't be far from IT Plaza.

I did want to order a laptop online from Shopee, after much research I found the model I wanted and ordered and paid for it, then about 5 days later they told me they cancelled my order as they can't get stock. I still haven't got the refund but expect it'll be back in my bank by Thur.

Hi Bob Mac,

as you talk about Shopee I wonder if you also looked at Lazada? Link here https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-laptops/?spm=a2o4m.home.cate_1.3.1125719c8CWP6x. Do not know which brand model you are looking for.
IT City is where I bought desktop computer at Advice TH for my "son". Have not been there for a while. By the way parking downstairs in cellar not free but more space then outside the building.

Online Bob Mac

• Just Arrived
Hi Robert, yes I'm familiar with Lazada. I did look there but they didn't have the laptop I wanted, Shopee did so I ordered with Shopee, but they let me down. Now I see Lazada have the laptop I want but are asking 3000 Bt more than Shopee. Anyway, I'll look in the shops in Korat this Thur, I may just be lucky and find something on special. If not I'll look at Lazada & Shopee again. I'm not really in a panic as I do have a working laptop, it's just that I've had it for a few years and it's time to upgrade to a faster better model.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi Robert, yes I'm familiar with Lazada. I did look there but they didn't have the laptop I wanted, Shopee did so I ordered with Shopee, but they let me down. Now I see Lazada have the laptop I want but are asking 3000 Bt more than Shopee. Anyway, I'll look in the shops in Korat this Thur, I may just be lucky and find something on special. If not I'll look at Lazada & Shopee again. I'm not really in a panic as I do have a working laptop, it's just that I've had it for a few years and it's time to upgrade to a faster better model.

Hi Bob Mac,

I do not know which laptop you are looking for but you could check the website of Advice TH https://www.advice.co.th/product/notebooks.
Maybe they have what you want or maybe they don't. I am very much in favour of online searching, saves me useless trips to stores  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pompui

Forgot to say that J.I.B also have a shop in Central as well. You could also check their website for a price comparison, they are usually competitive. https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/1/24
Live like you are dying

Offline Dylan_Leo

• Just Arrived
Hi Bob,
Just like Pompui I go to J.I.B in the Mall or Central, I found they have a good selection of higher spec'd laptops, it all depends how much you want to spend.
https://www.jib.co.th/web/
DL

Online Bob Mac

• Just Arrived
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll look in JIB tomorrow. My budget is 20,000 - 25,000 Bt. If I don't find anything I like in IT PLaza & The Mall then it's back to online and I'll get something from China, probably a Redmibook, as they seem very good value.

Online Bob Mac

• Just Arrived
Spent the day looking in Korat yesterday. IT Plaza, The Mall & Central. As I expected nothing worth buying on the spot. Two models caught my attention but after I checked up the screen specs online I lost interest. Just have to wait a few more weeks until new stock of the Xiaomi Redmibook 16 is available and I'll order again through Shopee. Thanks again everybody for your suggestions.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi Bob Mac,

when checking in Shopee I see  different prices for Xiaomi RedmiBook Laptop Ryzen R7 R5 Intel i5 i7 GeForce MX350 8GB 16GB DDR4 512GB 1T SSD Notebook 16" 14" 13.3" 4.8 13 ratings 18 price Thb 18,816.

On Lazada I see Xiaomi RedmiBook 16 Ryzen Edition 16.1 นิ้ว 100% sRGB 512G SSD 16GB DDR4 price Thb 24.900. Other graphic card amongst others.

So cannot really compare. Good luck hunting for your new laptop.

Online Bob Mac

• Just Arrived
Robert. I had a bit of bad luck with the Redmibook 16. The one I ordered was 16" screen R7 16 gig  ssd 512 at Bt 21,400. Which is a great laptop at a great price. As I said I paid for it but a week later my order was cancelled and money refunded. Now I see some online stores have it in stock but price has shot up. I could probably get it now for Thb 24.900.  I'll wait and see what Shopee are asking when they advertise again in a week or two.

All the laptops I saw in Korat the other day were way more expensive for similar specs. But main thing for me is screen specs because I'm into photo editing. It's 100% sRGB and 300 nits of the Xiaomi that I'm after. All the laptops I saw the other day had much lower quality screens and half the ram for similar prices.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Bought mine from Lazada. Asked the man who repairs my computers (I have 5) which is the best performing brand as I have been buying HP laptops but they keep dying on me as I use them almost 24 hours a day one way or another.

He told me to buy a gaming computer as they are built to take a beating from heat (which kills most computers here in Thailand). If you are using a gaming computer in a non gaming mode it is hardly breathing hard. He also told me Acer builds a good gaming computer so I googled information about gaming computers and Acer Nitro models had good reviews so I bought on last November and I use it all day and it never gets hot. This is what I bought. Keys are baclklit in red. Also has a solid state hard drive.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/acer-notebook-nitro-an515-42-r4w8-ryzen5-2500u-ram8-hdd-1tbssd-128gb-amd-radeon-rx-560x-4gb-156-ips-fhd-1920-x-1080-windows-10-home-64-bit-i278842123-s449087190.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.384557acvSPy9I&search=1

Online Bob Mac

• Just Arrived
rdrokit, many thanks for your reply and the link. I looked at a few reviews and that model has a lot going for it. I've added it to my short list.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
rdrokit, many thanks for your reply and the link. I looked at a few reviews and that model has a lot going for it. I've added it to my short list.
Your welcome. Mine sits on my lap most of the day and is always cool. My HP I have to run and auxiliary fan under it.