Korat-Farang.com

Mall book shop

jungle · 2 · 462

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Visited the mall and found Asia books have closed (the only English book store I know of)
Now have moved to T21 lower floor so Iam told 

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Visited the mall and found Asia books have closed (the only English book store I know of)
Now have moved to T21 lower floor so Iam told

I'm not sure how well Asia Books are doing anywhere now. They now seem to sell a lot of other stuff and their range has always been quite limited.  I guess ebooks have hit them hard? I personally stopped using them when I learnt they had stopped stocking Pira Sudhams books. You can order them, but they are not on display any longer. I don't agree with that type of censorship.

If any of you visit Bangkok and in case you don't know, Kinokuniya bookstores from Japan are fantastic paces to visit, if from the UK you  can compare them with a very large Waterstones and they sell in English, Thai, Japanese and Chinese. I personally use the store on the 3rd floor at Emquartier (Phrom Phong BTS on Sukhamvit), but they are also at Siam Paragon. They also had an outlet at the Japanese store in Central World, but that has closed down, so don't know what happened to the bookstore.  Seriously highly recommended. Their selection of books on the politics of the region is 2nd to none and their selection of western fiction is excellent. I can and do spend a long time browsing in there.