Korat-Farang.com

I do toasted bread : Question

waterheart · 10 · 479

Offline waterheart

• Solid Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie
I'm working at home as a merchant. My shop provides drinks and snacks.
A little bit cool now and so on , then I begin make toasted bread topping with butter, sugar and condensed milk as in picture.
Today is the 3rd day of selling toasted bread.
- I try to sell cheap for 5-10 baht so I reduce cost of materials.
- I'm beginning of baking/toast/grill (You can recommend me  ;D)
- Tomorrow, I have a challenge mm.... maybe two :
   1. toasted bread with condensed milk only >> I think I can do.
   2. toasted bread with sugar only >>  ??? How can I do? 

* Please , if you know how to do toasted bread with sugar topping only. Caramel? mm... I think sugar will good with butter.
* Thank you very much.  :)

Ps. Maybe you like , I create a container of toasted bread by myself with folding of Roti paper.  ;) Save Earth idea.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:02:36 PM by waterheart »
Long live to long learn

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Waterheart - have you tried microwave for the sugar, after buttering the toast ?

Thai style toasted bread is not much to my taste - IMO the best thing on toast is 'Marmite  ;D

Good luck
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
    • My House
When I was a kid, my mother made toast with butter and sugar. I loved it!
I am sofa king we todd did.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Eagle do you remember hot milk with diced bread and lotsa sugar, eaten like a bowl of cornflakes ? My favourite secret feast 65 years ago was 4 Weetabix in hot milk mashed in with so much sugar the mix went black. Shocking. Having survived that excess, I try to limit my sugar intake these days but it's just a b*tch that beer has high sugar content   :-\
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
    • My House
Eagle do you remember hot milk with diced bread and lotsa sugar, eaten like a bowl of cornflakes ? My favourite secret feast 65 years ago was 4 Weetabix in hot milk mashed in with so much sugar the mix went black. Shocking. Having survived that excess, I try to limit my sugar intake these days but it's just a b*tch that beer has high sugar content   :-\

No, I never had hot milk with diced bread and lotsa sugar, or Weetabix. Was that a British thing?
I am sofa king we todd did.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Yes Eagle, I think 'bread and milk' was a Brit. thing in those days.

Offline rawdonlad

• KFers beyond Korat
Bread and hot milk was called "Pobs" in the north of England and served as a comfort food to children in the  old days, I remember it well :)

Online KiwiCanadian

Waterheart - have you tried microwave for the sugar, after buttering the toast ?

Thai style toasted bread is not much to my taste - IMO the best thing on toast is 'Marmite  ;D

Good luck

Sorry Roger But I never liked Marmite we always had Vegemite the Awstrailian equivalent, after eating vegemite Marmite to me always tasted, like it was burnt. That was way back in Gods own country! had the hot mik wetbix & sugar also. no more sugar these days, Dr's orders. A good breeky these days is pain oatmeal, plain yougurt with fresh fruit & Pistachio milk (Unsweetend).
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Waterheart - I experimented and microwaved sugar on my toast today and the result was not good. The sugar hardly melted at all and the bread under it burnt. If you have a small 'blowtorch' like Chefs use, that might be OK. Good luck.

Rawdon thanks - 'Pobs' it is then. Add a knob of butter to taste   ;D

KC - I forgive you for your heretical view of Marmite  ;)  I wasn't wholly honest about the amount of sugar added to my Weetabix mix. A whole bowlful or more - the mix went black, (I seem to tolerate sugar well but am more careful now). Congrats that sounds a healthy breakfast.

Offline waterheart

• Solid Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie
Thanks for all answers and recommend.
I did 2 styles of toasted bread ,
1- After bread was toasted , I put sugar on top and hope that sugar melt a little bit.   
2- I did sugar sauce at night and added a little chinnamon , then in the morning after bread was toasted , I put sugar sauce on it.
mm.... I did not good sauce  ;D ...you can see in the 1st picture.
mm.... They were looked not good but customer liked them....  :D as she ordered.

The 2nd picture , I watched youtube and tried to make chinnamon brown sugar caramel. Still not good also ::)
I ate them , I like but I don't sell to anyone.  ;D
I asked someone to try (taste free) but nobody try it yet.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 07:29:32 PM by waterheart »
Long live to long learn