Korat-Farang.com

VPN

ridge runner · 6 · 592

Online ridge runner

I have never used a vpn before. was told that I could watch more stuff on Kodi/other sites well it does not work for me!!!!!!! I signed up for ipvanish, 30day free trial then monthly. I am unable to watch anything without a lot of stopping(buffering) so I have turned it off and can now watch with no problems. using 3bb 1gb download, android box only comes in at about 300mb but should be more than enough. Any idea what is wrong or suggestion on how to improve. I have contacted ipvanish and told them I will cancel if doesn't work for me.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi RdgeRunner,

I also tried a VPN named NordVpn. Tried it and looked ok so bought 1 year subscription. Turned out one day later that my downloadspeed was about 50% of what I had before in spite of promises by NordVpn no slowing down. So I cancelled and got a refund. So for the time being no Vpn for me.
My provider is the same as you 3BB 1 Gb download.
Tried Kodi in the past but did not work for me. Now have an IPTV subscription (web app and seperate Mag 250) and can watch a few countries. Any specific country and/or channels you are looking for?

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Try hola. You can try it for free. Works 100% for me for All4, ITV hub and BBC iplayer. Google "hola".

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Try hola. You can try it for free. Works 100% for me for All4, ITV hub and BBC iplayer. Google "hola".

Tried that one long time ago. Found following info on internet. Do not know if true but free things I do not trust.

Is Hola a virus?
Popular free VPN service, Hola, discovered to have malware-like behavior. One of the most popular free VPN and geo-unblocking services, Hola, has been uncovered as exhibiting malware-like behavior after its founder, Ofer Vilenski, confirmed that company resells the idle bandwidth of anyone who has installed the service.

Is Hola Safe 2020?
It markets itself as the first peer-to-peer VPN on the market, but we don't think it's a good thing. Rather than offering a paid service that's subsidized by premium users, Hola compromises the safety of its users with several insecure practices

Online Thaiwolf

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Yes Robert but one has to weigh up the risk/benfit equation. I do however take your points.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
I tried Strong VPN and could not get on some sites (Hulu, YouTube TV) without the VPN being detected. I now have Express VPN, $99/yr, and have been very happy with their service. If I have a problem their customer service usually responds within hours and will work with you till the problem is resolved. I watch Hulu TV almost exclusively.