Korat-Farang.com

American Root Beer - Would I like It

Guest · 32 · 1358

Thaiphoon

In some American Films I watch some one orders a Root Beer, now ive been the USA but never tried Root Beer , What does it taste like , would I like it  ;D

Tp

Toddy

Never tried it. Sounds horrible - like ginger beer. Yuck!

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
It tastes a bit like Dandelion and Burdock.

It used to be available in Korat at A&W burger establishments. I don't think there are any A&W's still open in Korat or Thailand but if you know differently, please tell. The burgers are pretty good. I think I've seen the Root Beer for sale in other places, usually in cans. Perhaps it was even A&W brand. Try it if you see it. It's not so bad.

'You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'

Salika Donga

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
dandelion and burdock lovely. Just how old are you Alfie :D :D

Old enough to remember Dandelion and Burdock!  :D Actually, I think it has made a comeback in Britain. Or maybe it never went away. I don't know. The first time I drank it, I was about 13 years old. And I can remember where I was at that time. It must have made an impression on me.  :)

Offline braveheart

It tastes a bit like Dandelion and Burdock.

It used to be available in Korat at A&W burger establishments. I don't think there are any A&W's still open in Korat or Thailand but if you know differently, please tell. The burgers are pretty good. I think I've seen the Root Beer for sale in other places, usually in cans. Perhaps it was even A&W brand. Try it if you see it. It's not so bad.

There is an A&W at Pantip Plaza I think. You can buy the A&W root beer in Korat at some 7/11's.

Toddy

dandelion and burdock lovely. Just how old are you Alfie :D :D

Old enough to remember Dandelion and Burdock!  :D Actually, I think it has made a comeback in Britain. Or maybe it never went away. I don't know. The first time I drank it, I was about 13 years old. And I can remember where I was at that time. It must have made an impression on me.  :)

Dandelion and Burdock was my favourite. I must be getting on a bit!  ;D

Thaiphoon

Thanks Guy's , I'm going to keep an eye out next time in K city , and give the old Root Beer a Try , Dandelion and Burdock
bugger that brings back the old times  ;D  Does any one remember these ..

Tp

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

Thanks Guy's , I'm going to keep an eye out next time in K city , and give the old Root Beer a Try , Dandelion and Burdock
bugger that brings back the old times  ;D  Does any one remember these ..

Irn Bru: Yes

Tizer: Yes

Jubbly: No. What is it?

Toddy

IRN Brew - made in Scotland from girders. Rots your teeth, but, like all of the sugary fizzy pop.

When I was a lad the pop man came round once a week with a new supply and took away all the empties. Now that is what I call recycling - same with the milkman each day. Beer bottles all had deposits on them. Modern day packaging is ridiculous and creates huge waste. Bugger.

Thaiphoon

old Jubbly was an orange drink in a plastic / cardboard container that looked like a small pyramid , and if you put them inro your freezer , they made Orange Ice pyramids that you sat licking on the park bench , just before you went to mug some old aged pensioner  ;D

Tp

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy

Yes, yes and yes.

Jubbly was an orange squash ;D
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Thaiphoon

Yes, yes and yes.

Derek, do you come from Nottingham by any Chance  ;D

Tp

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy

Yes, yes and yes.

Derek, do you come from Nottingham by any Chance  ;D

Tp

Lol, no I am a Londoner but remember frozen Jubbly very well ;D
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Thaiphoon

Jubbly was a big hit in Nottingham, and it now looks it was a hit with the geezers down South  ;D

Tp

bulldog

I had a cousin who came to visit me here, bring a couple of bottles of Irn Bru, the wife thought it was disgusting. I loved Irn Bru as a child. I think Tizer was a rip off of Irn Bru, but nowhere near as good.

I pretty sure you can buy A&W Root Beer in Macro, well at least you used to be able too.

Dandelion and Burdock! how old are some of you guys. lol

livram

melyianna

yes, they usually have the a&w brand at lotus, 7-11 and makro. i've only found it in cans though.

stewarts in bottles is the best. they make a great cream soda too. i think i found stewarts in bangkok but it was a while ago. it may have been cambodia and not thailand at all. i'm forgetful in my old age.

for the ultimate yummy rootbeer make it a float. put vanilla ice cream in a glass and then pour the rootbeer over it. it's delicious.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I used to eat/drink a lot of ice cream floats when I was a teenager. I haven't had it for ages though I suggested it to my daughter recently. I feel an ice cream float coming my way soon. I've never tried it with root beer, though. I'll give it  try next time I see root beer for sale.