Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nazi Schoolgirls Start A Heil Storm In Thailand  (Read 911 times)

kamahele

Re: Nazi Schoolgirls Start A Heil Storm In Thailand
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »

Mely, they didn't teach about Pol Pot in my history class because it was being shown on the news every night as I am a child of the 60's and 70's. Again, I can't blame the kids, I have to blame the educators. I can see this thing happening in a public school in Thailand but at a private school? Good God.

melyianna

Re: Nazi Schoolgirls Start A Heil Storm In Thailand
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 03:01:47 PM »

We have a German exchange student at our school who is a nice lad. Gets on well with the kids and everyone enjoys chatting with him.

A Thai teacher asked him recently, " What was it like living under Hitler's rule?" To which he had to explain that being 16, it was a bit before his time but he didn't think it would have been the best time to have been German.  ::)

Such a lack of awareness is hardly excusable, is it? From professional educators??!!

omfg

there are idiots everywhere though.

i have an african american friend who lives in nyc. she was traveling somewhere in the midwest or great plains of the US (i forget where exactly. minnesota i think?) and a clerk at a convenience store said something to her along the lines of "i watched a movie about detroit once. is that what it's really like there?"

she had to explain to the ignorant possibly inbred white american that she had never been to detroit, michigan and that not all black americans live there.

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Re: Ϫ Nazi Schoolgirls Start A Heil Storm In Thailand Ϫ
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »

As Stan said earlier if they didn't know about the history then how did they get the uniforms so correct, even down to the toothbrush moustache.
People keep referring to the Japanese and Pol Pot....well I have no idea what that is all about and have never been taught about it at school, and consequently I have no idea what the different people involved in that would have been wearing.
I'm sorry but I don't see how they can claim total ignorance.....someone either knows the history or has done some serious research in order to get so many details so right.
HL  ;D

melyianna

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »

As Stan said earlier if they didn't know about the history then how did they get the uniforms so correct, even down to the toothbrush moustache.
People keep referring to the Japanese and Pol Pot....well I have no idea what that is all about and have never been taught about it at school, and consequently I have no idea what the different people involved in that would have been wearing.
I'm sorry but I don't see how they can claim total ignorance.....someone either knows the history or has done some serious research in order to get so many details so right.
HL  ;D

that's a good point actually.. the details. with the Sieg Heil too... how would they know to do that?

melyianna

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 09:50:33 PM »

@happylarry: for your reading pleasure:

Pol Pot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot
khmer rouge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Rouge
japan in thailand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma_Railway

Salika Donga

Re: Ϫ Nazi Schoolgirls Start A Heil Storm In Thailand
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »

Exactly Mel. Someone confused humour with bad taste.  Not acceptable whilst our parents or grandparents are still around, in my view. Joke about the past if you like but not the recent past. winkers.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
Re: Ϫ Nazi Schoolgirls Start A Heil Storm In Thailand
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »

Perhaps this video might explain why the Hitler thing wasn't such a big deal in Thailand last month and why the students chose to dress up in Nazi uniforms.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydRxCUZp8Bg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydRxCUZp8Bg</a>

It appears to be a Thai pop song by a band called Slur and the name of the song is Hitler. I don't know when the song was released but this above video was posted on Youtube on December 17, 2010. I don't recall hearing about any big furore in Thailand last year about a Hitler related song.

Notice the comment at the beginning of the video:

[attachment deleted by admin]
There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Pages: 1 [2]